Sequel: The Last Fight
Status: First edit is completely done :D Second edit is in the process.

As the Sister of Harry Potter

Dumbledore's Army

By Order of
THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups and Clubs are henceforth banned.
An Organization, Society, Team, Group or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.
Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No student Organization, Society, Team, Group or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.
Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organization, Society, Team, Groups or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

Signed;
Dolores Jane Umbridge
HIGH INQUISITOR

“Dammit,” I cursed as I stomped off to breakfast with Ophilia Monday morning. “Dammit dammit dammit!”

“Calm down Jen,” Ophilia said as we entered the Great Hall.

“I can’t. She found out somehow, and I don’t know how!”

“We’re still going to have it though?”

"Of course we will,” Harry answered for me as we walked past.

“We’ll just have to be extremely careful,” I added. We moved on down to where the Twins and Lee were.

“This doesn’t exactly include us though, so we should be okay,” Lee was saying.

“Oh? How d’you figure that one?” I asked.

“Well, think about it… we’re more like a cult or council. Plus, we don’t exactly meet regularly, do we?” Lee had a point. Since the installation of the speaker system, Prankcouncil was being held two, three times a week at an irregular schedule because of all the homework and Quidditch practice. I smirked and made myself a bacon sandwich.

In Charms that morning, several people crowded me. “We’re still going to have it, right?” asked Colin Parker nervously.

“’Course we are. Not afraid, are you?” George asked him.

“I’d just rather not get expelled,” said Cedric, turning his glass of water to wine with a flick of his wand.

“I’d like to see her try…” muttered Fred.

-

That evening, Sarlanda and George did announcements. “And we would like to recognize Professor Umbridge's new educational decree today,” Sarlanda was saying. “First of all, we see no way possible of how disbanding student meetings is beneficial to education.”

“Furthermore, we, The Marauders, are not an Organization, Group, Club, Society, or Team. If anything, we are closer to a cult or council. So, we refuse to halt our activities.”

“Also, since a cult or council is not listed, and we exist with the High Inquisitor’s knowing, if we ever did get caught, you could not expel us.”

“Just thought we’d share that little loophole. So this is Matrix and Skulls, singing out. Mr. Matrix would like to encourage everyone’s fan mail.”

“Miss Skulls would like to tell Cormac McLaggen to back off because he looks like a troll.”

-

Ophilia and I took the back seats in Defense Friday afternoon. Umbridge started us on Chapter Five and I pulled out my book. I had jinxed my copy of Advanced Practical Defense to look like Defensive Magical Theory to anyone except me; both the inside and outside. I had already memorized the main concepts from Umbridge's book, so if she asked, I could tell. But for now, I was tracking down good spells to teach everyone when we had our first meeting.

About halfway thought class, Ophilia slipped me a note.

I’ve got an idea for Defense.

What is it?
I wrote and slipped it back. Umbridge was thankfully busying herself with tea.

The R.O.R. We could make it so only members could find it, plus SHE doesn’t know about it.

WOW. Duh! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that…thanks Ophilia!
She grinned and winked, and we went back to our books.

Harry was thrilled with Ophilia’s idea. We set the first meeting to eight o’clock Saturday night. I was in charge of the Hufflepuffs, so I skipped over to their table. I nuzzle myself between Cedric and Colin. “Saturday night at eight,” I told them in a hushed voice.

“Where?” asked Stacey Fires.

“The Room of Requirement. You remember, across from the troll tapestry on the seventh floor. Just think about how much you need to get to the meeting.”

“We’ll pass the word along,” reassured Cedric, kissing my check.

I blushed slightly, said, “Thanks,” and left.

-

I need a place to teach everyone to defend themselves,’ I thought over and over, pacing the stretch of wall where the Room of Requirement was. A door appeared, and I lead the Trio inside. The room was very large and open. The walls were lined with Defense books. There was a table full of Sneakascopes and there was even a Foe Glass, the one that had been in Imposter Moody’s office last year. There were stacks of cushions which would be excellent for practicing Stunning.

“Brilliant!” said Harry.

“Wow…” said Hermione. She pulled a book off the shelf and sat down to read.

I went up to the Foe Glass and Spellotaped two things to it; the piece of paper Hermione made everyone sign and the picture of the original Order of the Phoenix. Satisfied, I too found a book and began to read.

By eight o five, everyone was there. Harry and I stood at the front. “So, since this is our first meeting,” I started nervously, “we’d thought we’d start with basics to see where everyone is at.”

“So we’ll begin with Expelliarmus –”

“What?” cried out Zacharias Smith. “That’s second year material!”

Harry raised his eyebrows.

“And it saved my life last June.” Smith shut his mouth. “So, let’s show them Jen.” Harry and I stood in dueling stance. “Expelliarmus!” Harry said. Out of pure reflex, I waved my wand and pulled off a silent Shield Charm.

“Oops, sorry Harry, reflexes,” I said, laughing nervously. Harry tried again, and this time, my wand neatly soared out of my hand into his.

“Alright, pair up and start,” Harry instructed.

Everyone did as they were told, but there was an odd number of people, meaning Neville was left out. As everyone started yelling “Expelliarmus!”, Neville looked around nervously, not quite sure what to do.

I walked up to him. “Come on Neville, you and me,” I said, getting into dueling stance. Neville looked surprised, but raised his wand.

“E-Expelliarmus!” Nothing happened.

I smiled kindly. “Come on Neville, you can do it. Try again.”

“Expelliarmus!” he said, waving his wand. Again, nothing. I came over and stood next to him in dueling stance.

“Okay, so first, try not to flourish your wand as much. A simple flick will do. Also, put some power into your voice, that’ll really help all of your spell casting. And grip your wand tighter, it’s not going to bite you.” Neville nodded, and I went back to my place.

His face screwed up in concentration, he flicked his wand and said, “Expelliarmus!” My wand gave a feeble twitch, but it was an improvement.

“Nice Neville! I defiantly felt something!” I said, beaming.

There was a whistle blast and everyone stopped and looked at Harry up front. “Alright, good everyone! But I see just about everyone making the same mistake. Don’t flourish your wand too much. It’s supposed to be a quick and surprising spell, so the less wand movement, the better. Try again.” Harry walked over to us and we traded off so I could watch everyone.

To my amusement, Sarlanda had been paired up with Colin Parker. He was amazed as she silently disarmed him over and over. Fred and Ophilia kept disarming Zacharias from behind him. I smirked and moved on to George and Katie. Katie was having a hard time. “Jen, it still won’t work, watch. Expelliarmus!” George’s wand twitched, but nothing happened otherwise.

“Put more power into your voice, like this. Expelliarmus!” I yelled, and George’s wand flew into my hand. Katie nodded, and I moved on. Brittany Change and Luna Lovegood made an odd pair, but they seemed to be getting along alright.

At a quarter past nine, Harry blew the whistle again. “Alright, brilliant every one! So, that’s it for tonight, we’ll let you go in groups.”

“Hey wait!” said Hyden. “Shouldn’t we have a name? We haven’t named our group.” Several people nodded in agreement.

“What about Dumbledore’s Army? Isn’t that what the Ministry is most afraid of?” suggested Ginny.

“That’s brilliant!” I exclaimed. “All in favor of Dumbledore’s Army, or the DA for short?” Everyone cheered, and I scrawled across the top of Hermione’s list; DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! And DA has begun! :D