Sequel: The Last Fight
Status: First edit is completely done :D Second edit is in the process.

As the Sister of Harry Potter

Forest

After the match, we joined the swarm of wizards heading back to their tents. I was still in shock that Fred and George had won their bet, and they we leaping with joy, gold jingling happily in their pockets. “Don't tell your mother you were betting,” Mr. Weasley warned.

“’Course we won’t, Dad,” assured Fred.

“What do you lot have planned for that gold?” I asked George in a hushed voice.

“Things, my dear Jennifer, things,” he said with a wink. “Materials for products, mostly, if you really want to know.”

I sighed and shook my head, laughing. “Oh, you two…”

We had a celebration party in the tent. Mr. Weasley sort of let us run wild, with the Twins and I table dancing Irish style. But then Ron decided to change the subject to Krum, so we started doing a sort of grunting war chant.

"He's more than a player..." Ron said. "He's an artist!"

"Oh Ronald, I think you're in love!" said Ginny. Then everyone but Ron burst into song;

"Victor I love you,
Victor I do!
When we're apart,
My heart beats only for you!
"

"Shut up," said Ron, elbowing Fred. The rest of us broke down laughing, too giddy to speak.

The rest of the night was spent just talking Quidditch. Mr. Weasley, Charlie and I got into a debate about various fouls (mostly cobbing) and Ron enthusiastically re-ran all of Krum’s amazing moves. Only when Ginny nodded off did Mr. Weasley call for bedtime. Ginny, Hermione and I headed off to our tent, and I was asleep in moments.

Yeah, like that would last.

“Jennifer! Ginny, wake up! We need to go!”

Mr. Weasley’s voice plucked me from my dreams with urgency. “Wassgoinon?” I asked groggily, but I knew there was something wrong. There was fire. And screaming.

“Come on, get your coat and wand!” Mr. Weasley said again before dashing off. I sprung out of bed and fumbled for my wand. Screw the coat, at least I was still in my clothes, but I was still the last one out of our tent.

“You lot, get into the woods and stick together! We’re going to help the Ministry!” I heard Mr. Weasley say before he took off in the direction of the chaos. I caught a glimpse of people in dark hoods and masks, levitating some people above them and blasting tents out of their way.

Bloody hell… are those… Death Eaters?’ I asked myself before running after the Twins and into the forest.

“Fred? George? Harry!

Typical. I had lost them.

I lit my wand and started tromping through the undergrowth, towards where I hoped they had gone. I couldn’t be lost… not here, and not now. I couldn’t afford it. Then, I heard the noise of someone up ahead of me.

“Ginny? Ron? Someone?” I asked, starting towards it.

“Who’s there?” the person asked, their voice slightly panicked. But that defiantly wasn’t a twinly voice. So I jumped the bush and found none other than Cedric bloody Diggory.

I sighed, exasperated. “Oh bloody hell, it’s you.”

“Nice to see you too, Jennifer. You alone?” he asked cautiously, his gray eyes darting to the darkness around me.

“Duh. Why else would I be calling people’s names?”

That one stumped him for a moment.

“Yeah, okay. Shall we stick together then? I wouldn’t want you alone if a Death Eater came along.”

“Honestly Diggory, I can take care of myself, it’s yourself you should be worrying about.” Really, who did this guy think he was?

A twig snapped.

"You hear that?" Diggory whispered. I nodded, holding up a finger to shush him. It was followed by the sound of rustling leaves.

"Someone's coming. Nox!" I whispered, distinguishing my wand.

In the pitch black, I couldn’t really see what was going on. Okay, I couldn’t see at all. I think I stumbled into Cedric, because I froze clutching an arm-like object.

"Lumos Maxima!"

We both covered our eyes, blinded by the caster's spell.

It was Lance Malfoy. He was taller than me, he always had been. But that didn’t stop me from trying to glare him down.

"Well, well, what's this? Cedric Diggory and Jennifer Potter? I didn't know you would sink as low as to a Hufflepuff, Jennifer..." He seemed to be amused by the situation. I realized I was clenching Diggory's arm rather tightly, so I let go.

"What are you going on about, Lance?” I asked icily. “Whatever it is, you’re wrong. We just happened to be here at the same time. It’s just coincidence.”

"Then why were you clinging to him like some lost animal?" Lance asked with a smirk. It was a bit hard to explain that one, so I reached for my wand, which stupid me had pocketed.

"I wouldn't touch that, Potter," he said, pointing his own wand at me. My arm went limp by my side.

"So, what do you want Lance?" asked Diggory coldly.

"Oh nothing much, I just got bored," Lance said lazily.

"Mad because your mummy won't let you join your father as a Death Eater?" I taunted. I seemed to have a knack for getting under his skin. He pointed his wand at me again.

"Don't talk about my mother like that," he growled, "I don't want to hurt your pretty face..." he added, smirking.

“Really? That’s funny, because I really wanted to mess up yours.”

Lance laughed menacingly. “Jennifer, you only wish you could.”

“Wanna bet?” I asked, pulling out my wand ever so gently.

“Sure.”

"Eat Slugs!"

“Sectumsempra!”

My curse hit Lance in the stomach, and a big green slug came out of his mouth and plopped onto the ground, but that wasn’t near the damage he had done to me. A white-hot pain lashed across my face as his curse cut a nice lovely gash down my jaw bone. Blood began spilling out as I got dizzy.

"You little bitch! CRUCIO!"

I threw myself into Cedric and we fell to the ground, but dodged Lance's curse. I pointed my wand up at him.

"Stupefy!" Lance fell to the ground, stunned, and with slugs dribbling out of his mouth.

I got up from on top of Diggory. "Sorry Diggory," I muttered

He got up as well. "It's okay, I understand," Diggory said, flashing me a smile. I looked down at Lance's crumpled body.

"Let's leave him here, someone's bound to find him," I said coldly, resisting the urge to stomp Lance’s nose with my foot.

“You sure Jennifer? I don’t know…” said Diggory uncertainly.

“Trust me, Diggory, his mum will be looking all over for him. Besides, you really want to carry a sadistic creep though the forest with you?” When he didn’t say anything, we set off in the direction I hoped was to the camp. I held my forehead, trying to prevent a head rush.

We hadn’t walked long before Diggory broke the silence. “You’re bleeding rather badly there,” he said, gesturing to my facial wound.

“Thank you Captain Obvious,” I snapped, gently prodding the gash. Merlin it stung.

“What’s your problem?” Diggory asked, a slight bit agitated.

“Problem? I don’t have a problem.”

Except for the fact that I’m stuck, lost, in a forest with you and my face is now a freaking bloodbath? No, no problem at all,’ I added in my mind harshly.

We didn't talk again for a long while after that. Diggory must have taken the hint. Then I muttered, "Hope everyone's okay, I'm getting worried..."

"I'm sure they're fine..."

Dammit, I did not mean for him to hear that.

Suddenly, a wand light shown in our faces.

"Who is it?" a voice asked.

I held up my own wand. "Stand down, or I'll hex you!" The other person lowered their wand, and I saw it was George, with Fred and Ginny standing behind him. I stuffed my wand away and I threw my arms around George's neck. "Oh George! You're okay! And Fred and Ginny too!"

See, I can be gooey when I want to be. George hugged me back and then pried himself from my death grip. "Yeah, we are. Blimey Jen, what happened to your face?!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, that would be our favorite creep Lance Malfoy’s work, that is..." I said, feeling my gash again. It had gone numb, so it didn't really hurt anymore, but it was still bleeding quite a bit.

"Damn him. Of course you know, he was probably banking on finding you in here," George growled.

“What are you doing here?” Fred asked Diggory sharply. See? I’m not the only one who doesn’t like him!

“Jennifer and I bumped into each other,” he said coolly, ignoring Fred’s rudeness.

Literally,’ I added in my mind.

"I think we should head back to the tent," said Ginny. She sounded stressed.

"Yeah, Ginny's right...”

-

I sat in the tent, waiting anxiously. Everyone who had been fighting was back, save Mr. Weasley and the fourthies. Bill was patching up my jaw as best be could, but he couldn't do much because it was cursed (but he did manage to stop the bleeding), and Charlie was wrapping his arm. We were all on edge, because a few minutes ago, the Dark Mark had appeared above the trees. My imagination was running wild. What if Harry had gotten hurt, or someone else? I just couldn’t live with myself if they had been. I was supposed to have been watching out for them.

Then, the tent flap opened and Mr. Weasley came in, followed by Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I jumped up and hugged Harry tightly.

"Merlin’s pants Harry, I've been so worried!"

"It's okay Jen, I'm fine! Really!"

When I had released my little brother, I saw that Ron was gawking at me. "What are you gawking at Ron?" I questioned.

"Your face! What happened?"

"Ran into ol' Lance Malfoy. He didn’t like the fact that I was talking back to him.”

We talked about what happened to ourselves until Mr. Weasley told us all to get some rest. I crawled into my bunk, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jennifer kicks some arse......XD
I like it a lot better. I actually kept some of my old content this time, which is good. It means I'm slowly starting into some writing that doesn't suck XD
~Icamane