Sequel: The Last Fight
Status: First edit is completely done :D Second edit is in the process.

As the Sister of Harry Potter

Diana

By Order of
THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor)
has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head
of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and
Wizardry.

Signed,
Cornelius Oswald Fudge
Minister of Magic


“Alright Gents, this is it,” I said, pacing the Room of Requirement at five-thirty in the morning. I had been up all night, unable to get any sleep, so I called an emergency Marauder meeting before breakfast. “Dumbledore’s gone. Madame Toad’s in charge. And now it’s time for some of the more brilliant pranks. Ophilia?”

“Right, well, I’ve got the cushions covered. Sarlanda, how’re the Shrinking and Growing solutions coming?”

“They should be ready soon.”

“Good. Fred, George, you two are in charge of the fireworks. Lee, you need to talk to Sophia about using her fire expertise. And Jen, you need to knick the Bludgers.”

“And I’m working on a new song,” added Hyden.

“Good. Well, you all know the drill… cause mayhem, and don’t get caught,” I concluded, and we all left for breakfast.

-

During our break before lunch, Fred, George and I were setting up the next prank. We had lined most the main corridors and the bathrooms with their fireworks. On the first flood however, we ran into Montague.

“What are you doing here?” he asked suspiciously.

We’re on break. What about you?” I inquired back.

“I’m patrolling for the Inquisitorial Squad. And speaking of that, I’m going to take ten points for–” But he didn’t finished his sentence. Fred and George grabbed him and shoved him headfirst into a conveniently open cabinet in the corridor. When they shut the door, it vanished.

“Well, that solves that problem…” said Fred as we continued down the corridor, setting up fireworks.

We didn’t go to lunch. Instead, we hid in a secret passage halfway down the second floor corridor. Just outside were the two fuses that would start the entire chain reaction of explosions.

“One,” I breathed.

“Two,” George whispered.

“Three,” finished Fred.

“Incendio,” we said together, lighting the flares.

BOOM!

Boomboom, boomboom, boomboom, boomboom.

The entire castle shook as the fireworks exploded. A little dust fell onto our heads. Within a minute, we heard Umbridge and Filch out in the corridor, trying to fight the fireworks. We all broke down into silent hysterical laughter, tears of joy running down our faces. Surprisingly, Harry entered our hiding place, grinning. “Very impressive. You’ll put Dr. Filibuster out of business, no problem…”

-

“Evening all! This is Miss Skulls!”

“And Miss Phoenix, with your daily announcements!”

“First off, we’d like to thank Misters Terminator and Matrix for their wonderful fireworks display at lunch! Absolutely wonderful gents!”

“Now, as you all know, Umbridge is our new Head. If anyone would like to send us suggestions on how to get rid of her, please feel free to contact us!”

“And finally, we have about two hundred copies of the March edition of The Quibbler lying around, so just sent us three Sickles to get a copy! Each copy comes pre-charmed so only you can read it!”

“So that’s it for tonight! Miss Phoenix would like to say that Umbridge is going down!”

“Miss Skulls would like to remind everyone that the Marauders are only loyal to each other and Dumbledore!”

I left Sarlanda’s dorm for the party in Gryffindor common room when I ran into Cedric.

“Sorry,” he muttered and stomped up the stairs to his own dorm.

“I – Cedric, wait!” I scrambled up the steps after him and caught the door before he shut it. “Cedric? Can we talk?” I asked hesitantly as I entered the room. He sighed and turned around.

“Alright, fine.”

“Well, erm… I wanted to say… that… I’m sorry.” I tried my hardest to direct my gaze right into his gray eyes. “I’m sorry I was being such a git, I was just under so much stress and then the match just… set me over. But,” I said as he looked at me ridiculing, “that’s no excuse. And you were just trying to keep me in line. I’m sorry I yelled, too.” I gave him a weak, trembling smile before turning around to leave.

“Wait, Jennifer.”

I turned back around, my breath caught in my chest. He sighed again and ran a hand through his thick brown hair. “I’m er, sorry too. For losing my temper and such. And I… forgive you.”

A warm feeling spread from the pit of my stomach to my face as I smiled. I took a cautious step towards him and he reached out and pulled me to him. We locked lips fiercely as his other hand slipped around my waist. Things were just starting to heat up when I broke it off and laid my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent, the wonderful scent I had missed greatly the past month.

“I love you,” he whispered as he kissed the corner of my jaw.

“I love you more,” I replied, retaliating by kissing his neck. He pulled back and stared into my eyes.

“Be careful out there. Don’t get expelled.”

“But it’s so tempting,” I said innocently. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

-

Friday afternoon. DADA. Now more the class of torture than it’s ever been. I sat there planning out our next prank when Brittany Chang next to me made a very odd noise and clutched at her desk. I slid her a note.

What’s up?

The baby’s coming.


It took me a moment to comprehend what she meant, but once I did, I sprang into action. I threw down the note and my quill so fast I knocked my ink pot off my desk. It smashed ink all over my shoes, but I didn’t care.

I helped Brittany up and was conjuring a stretcher when a sick voice filled the room. “And where do you think you’re going, Miss Potter?”

Gritting my teeth, I helped Brittany onto it while replying, “The Hospital Wing.” I charmed the stretcher so I could push it while it levitated.

“No, you’re not. Sit down, both of you.” I felt everyone’s eyes on me. As I pushed her to the door, I froze in slight fear. I had two choices. I could sit back down, or I could run like hell, disobey Umbridge yet again, and get in huge trouble, but I’d help Brittany. Brittany winced in pain, and I made up my mind.

“Yes I am!” I yelled, burst out of the door, and sprinted down the corridor, towing Brittany.

“GET BACK HERE POTTER! FIFTY POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!” screeched Umbridge as she tried to run after me. A jet of red light flew past my face as she tried to stun me.

I pointed my wand over my shoulder and yelled, “Protego!”

I lost her when I took a secret passage up to the fifth floor and then pelted back down to the fourth floor and Hospital Wing. By that time, Brittany was letting out constant grunts of pain, eyes squeezed shut and tears trickling out of them. I karate-kicked open the door and pulled her inside. Madame Pomfry gave a start. “Wha-what? What’s going on Potter?”

“She… she… GAH! Childbirth!” I yelled frantically, waving my hands wildly. Luckily, Madame Pomfrey spoke freaking-out-red-headed-idiot, and knew what I meant.

“Out in the corridor Potter, and make sure no one comes in until I tell you they can,” she said urgently, shooing me out into the corridor.

About an hour later when classes let out, I was still waiting. I hadn’t heard any sign of a baby yet, so I was starting to get a bit worried. What if surgery was called for? I didn’t think Pomfry even knew the meaning of the word, and I wouldn’t know what to do anyways. Would some one from St. Mungo’s come? I finally conjured a chair and forced myself to sit, jittery.

Just as I stood up again to knock on the door, several people rounded the corner at once. Cho and Cyliana White were first, followed by Ophilia and finally Sarlanda. “Is she okay?” Cho, Cyliana and Ophilia all asked at once. I narrowed my eyes and faced Cyliana, naught six inches from her.

“Why do you care?”

“Because she’s like, my best friend!” Cyliana squealed, annoyed with me. My hazel eyes pierced her blue ones. She wore too much makeup.

“Oh yes, you sure act like one of those,” I growled, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Excuse me Potter, but I believe I’ve been her friend for longer!”

“At least I’m not a stupid, back-stabbing, gossiping bi–”

WHACK

“Miss White!”

Cyliana had chosen to smack me with all her might right in the middle of my swear word. And with impeccable timing, McGonagall walked around the corner, followed by Flitwick. Ophilia and Sarlanda had their wands out, and Cho was pale. “Miss White, if I ever see you do that again, it will be detention. Fifteen points from Ravenclaw,” said McGonagall. A smile of grim satisfaction crossed my face.

Before Cyliana could retort, there was crying inside the Hospital Wing. But not Brittany’s… a baby’s.

“Not yet!” Pomfrey called through the door, and Ophilia let out a squeal of excitement.

“Alright, Malfoy, McLaggen, White, to your dormitories, now,” McGonagall instructed. Sarlanda towed Ophilia away while Cyliana stomped off.

It was another fifteen minutes before Madame Pomfrey opened the door and stuck her head out. “She wants to see her sister and Miss Potter.” Cho looked at me quizzically before we entered the wing. The curtains were drawn around most of Brittany’s bed. She was holding bundle of white blankets, smiling sweetly and rocking her baby gently.

We pulled up chairs and Brittany looked up. “A girl,” she said softly, “and I’ve named her Diana Clymus.”

“Britt, she’s beautiful!” said Cho excitedly. Brittany held Diana up to me, and I took her small warm body up into my arms securely.

“Hi Diana,” I said sweetly. She looked up curiously at me from her dark eyes.

“Jennifer,” Brittany started, “you said if I ever needed anything, then to ask you. Well, I need someone now, and… will you be Diana’s godmother?”

My jaw dropped. Did she mean it? I hadn’t exactly had this sort of thing in mind when I told her that back before Christmas, but really, what kind of person would I be if I didn’t keep my promises?

“Of course I will, Brittany.” She beamed, and I passed Diana to Cho. And as I left the Hospital Wing, I couldn’t keep the grin off my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Airheart for giving me a special place on her profile :)