Opposites Attract

About A Girl

Lily sighed. She had just finished watching her 4th episode of Supernatural.
This had to stop. She was beginning to slack off in her classes, all to watch a television show about demons and ghosts.

A television program staring two hot guys. One with smoky eyes and the other with boyish good looks.
God knows that this is the closest I'll ever get to one she thought.
Lily wasn't ugly, she was beautiful in a quiet way. Like a butterfly that never showed its true colours, blame it on fashion sense or make up, she never stood out. But she was okay with it. Anytime a guy passed her over without a second glance, she would just reminded herself, it didn't matter. When her life was going to start she'd have plenty of boys, no men.

She wasn't scared of boys, no, she just didn't understand how to talk to them or what they mean when they spoke. Never mentioning their feelings, loving sports and gross jokes she just avoided contact. She didn't feel like she missed out on anything.

Lately she was beginning to notice boys more, there was this cute boy she passed in the halls, quiet eyes, with blonde hair covering them most of the time. Matt, she thought his name was. Or Shaun, a boy she went to school with in elementary school, she never found him attractive, but he talked to her, did he like her?

Or this guys who was constantly arrogant and challenging authority. Cute in a scary, don't let him meet dad kind of way. But the truth was she never knew what to say to these guys and never knew the signs. Were they flirting? Does she flirt back? What is flirting anyway?

She was hopeless, but some of her friends didn't have boyfriends so she didn't feel as left out. One day she will have a boyfriend who she will fall in love with and marry.

She had an addictive personality. Like television programs she was hooked on them for a while until the show was completed or they stopped making new episodes for a while and then she moved on to a new show. She feared for any boy she met, it would feel like that. She would get bored and move on. Recently she had been getting over crushes on boys and moving on to another one quickly. She didn't know how long it would last. Maybe until she got a boyfriend.

She didn't know for sure. What she did know was that she was impatient and she wanted someone. But her step- dad usually kissed her forehead when he left for work, and every time it bothered her. If she hated her step-dad's kisses maybe she hates all kisses from boys.

Anyway, she has to get to bed. It's 9:22 and this has been going on way to long.