Opposites Attract

Afternoon Kiss

Lily looked offended, "I'll have you know, that just because I don't flaunt my money does not mean I don't buy quality clothing! These penny loafers, are Ralph Lauren, this striped blouse is Tommy Hilfiger, and these jeans,...well their from Old Navy which is still a good store!"

Alex was practically clutching his side he was laughing so hard, Lily's face softened at Alex's genuine happy laughter, she smiled. "Well what about you Mr. I-don't-brush-my-hair?"

Alex stopped laughing, "You take that back Lily," he had a huge grin that turned into a michevious smirk.

"And if I don't?" Lily asked eyes widening, as she saw Alex's expression. She took a step back as Alex took a step forward. His eyes were playful which could mean that he was planing a method of attack. Her best guess was tickling as she remembered mentioning how ticklish she one time when they were hanging out.

"Alex, what are you going to do?" Lily asked cautiously, she didn't like being tickled.

"Oh I think you know, Lily."

"You wouldn't dare."

"You have to know me well enough that I would." And with that last comment Alex lunged at Lily. Lily squealed, and darted away from his grasping arms. Lily got a few feet from the Alex before Alex tackled her softly to the plush green grass. Her head landed softly in his arm before Alex reached down to tickle her mercilessly. She laughed loudly trying to push his arms away. Hearing her giggled caused Alex to smiled as he watched the beautiful girl squirm underneath him.

Finally after unheard pleas by Lily, she caved. "O-okay! I take it back!" She managed to force out. Alex finally stopped tickling her, but didn't get up from his position. Her hair was fanning out below her, with a few stray pieces covering her face. "Alex? What are you doing? Can we get up?" Lily asked, nervous about her current position. "Alex-"

"Shh," Alex mumbled his fingers touching her lips lightly. Without thinking about it, Alex reached over to brush the hairs away his hand lingering a little longer around her jaw bone.

The afternoon sun was high over head, people were dying, children were playing, grass was growing, but Alex and Lily only were aware and focused on each other, lost in a gaze.

Alex couldn't see anything, couldn't think about anything but Lily who lay in front of him. Alex, unsure of what came over him, took a breath and leaned down. Lily faintly aware of what was happening did nothing to stop it. It was a moment before Alex lifted Lily's jaw up so that they could meet his lips. When they finally did, Lily let a sigh escape her lips as she wrapped her arms his neck and kissed him back.

The kiss grew unbearably sweet, until they broke off at the same time, eyes starring.

Finally.