‹ Prequel: Killing Jar
Status: Starting college, so please be patient. I'll update when I can.

Torment

Labor

I'd never felt such excruciating pain as I was feeling now. They said everything was fine, but I could hear them saying it shouldn't be this painful. I saw their nervous glances at me. The nurses frantically running around. I wanted to tell them to tell me the truth, but all I could manage were the screams emitting from my mouth. I was pretty sure I was crying too, but it's hard to tell with the sweat on my face.

I had gone into labor at around 2 a.m. I was by myself at the time, so I called for an ambulance. By the time the ambulance had arrived I had already been experiencing some pain. The pain just kept getting worse and worse, until I couldn't stand it any longer. It was now 8 a.m. I felt drained. Weak. Why was this baby causing so many problems? I let out another shriek and continued to sob.

I felt cool hands on my face, wiping it off a little and pushing my damp hair off of it. I opened my eyes and saw Brendon their.

"Brendon," I groaned. "It hurts."

"I know," he said quietly, looking at me with sadness. More sharp pains. I screamed again. Brendon winced.

"I c-can't do this Brendon," I whispered. As I let out another cry of pain, a nurse came in to check on me. As she left swiftly I heard her yelling.

"She's fully dilated," the nurse was yelling. A moment later a few more nurses came in. "Let's get her to delivery."

I grabbed for Brendon's hand.

"Don't leave me Brendon," I said. I fought back another scream as I felt the pain, but instead let out a loud sob. Brendon held my hand as we were rushed to the delivery room. A doctor was by my side the moment we entered.

"Deep breaths, Ava," he was saying. They got me situated. I was starting to feel dizzy.

"You can do this, Ava," Brendon said.

"We're going to need you to push Ava," the doctor was saying. "Take in a deep breath and push when you release the air."

I did what he said. It hurt so bad. It was a blinding pain.

"Come on, Ava," the doctor said. "Push for me."

I pushed as hard as my body would allow me too.

I knew I was losing consciousness. I was trying my best to not pass out. I needed to make sure my baby was fine.

I gave another good push.

"It's crowning," the doctor said. "One more big push Ava. Come on, you can do it."

I took in a deep breath, before pushing as hard as I could. I felt the baby exiting my body. Everything seemed silent. Why wasn't the baby crying? I loosened my grip on Brendon's probably now broken hand. The nurses surrounded the doctor who was working on my baby. What was going on?

Everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, didn't take me long to start the sequel :]
Comments??
~Sally