‹ Prequel: Killing Jar
Status: Starting college, so please be patient. I'll update when I can.

Torment

Relief

I had yet to see my baby. My son. Ryan.

Brendon told me to just relax and that everything would be fine. But he didn't know that. And he didn't understand. My son was the only part of Ryan that I had left. I had to stay in that hospital room. There was nothing I could do. I just lay in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, silent tears wetting my face. Brendon had tried his best to comfort me, but it hadn't worked. All I wanted to do was see my father.

Time was passing slowly. I spent the day in a daze, just crying. Stressing. Worrying. I wasn't eating, and at some point (I don't remember when) a nurse came and hooked me up to an I.V. Brendon kept trying his best to cheer me up, but it wasn't working. I could tell he didn't want to be cheerful either. This was hurting him too.

As it neared midnight, I made sure to stay awake. I hoped that my father would visit me. I needed to talk to him. Brendon dozed off around 11:30, and I hoped he'd stay asleep long enough for me to talk to my father. I kept my eye on the clock, counting down the minutes until my father could visit me.

When the clock struck midnight, I became even more alert, waiting for my father to appear. Nothing happened. I felt myself begin to drown in my despair. I had hoped so much that he would show up. I hated not knowing the fate of my son. I felt hot tears escaping my eyes and my vision became blurred.

"Ava."

I jumped at my fathers voice as he murmured my name. I wiped my eyes and could see my father standing next to my bed, looking down at me sadly.

"Oh, dad," I cried quietly. "Please tell me my baby will be fine."

"He's going to be fine," my father said.

"Really?" I asked, feeling much better already. He smiled.

"Yes," he said. "It's not his time yet."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you," I breathed, leaning my head back on my pillow, ready to sleep.

"I'm sorry I can't stay longer," he said. "I really must be going."

"It's ok," I said, smiling at him. All I cared about at that moment was that my baby was fine. Ryan would live.

My father smiled down at me.

"Bye Ava," my father said. As my eyes fluttered closed, I was only thinking about my son, and not the hint of sadness in my father's eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to update. And sorry this chapter is so crappy.
I've been focusing more on my Rydon. :]
Comments??
~Sally