Dawning to Death

1. A Funeral to Another

Life meaning the remainder or extent of one’s life.
Happiness meaning expressing joy.
And Love meaning a deep and intense feel towards a person or thing.
These three words I haven’t got in my soul since my life completely changed before my eyes. I wished for every way of how to die, but I would have never of thought about how to end my life until this very moment.
My story starts in my home town called Milford and I was about to go to my great– grandfather’s funeral.
22nd October 2002
“Mum” I shout at the top of my lungs from my bedroom. “What?! Melanie, I’m busy with your sister’s dress! Can’t you ask me later?” shouts my Mum. “Fine” I mutter to myself as I searched in my cupboard for clothes.
My mom was a sweet, kind, beautiful blonde hair with black midnight streak person, who loved me and my sister dearly. She trusted me and my sister but usually she favours mostly on my sister too much. I wished my mum treated both of us equally but as I recall she favours my sister not me.
My sister was spoilt, annoying brat who had perfect blonde curly hair and beautiful blue like diamond coloured eyes. She always got everything she wanted. But for me, my parents never gave anything that special to me.
Describing myself is quite difficult but mostly I’m dark haired brunette wit a few red streaks. I’m not loved but a guy neither my parents, only my best friend, Sandra. I have hazel eyes but I have brown contacts which hide my natural coloured eyes.
“Mel!! If your aren’t ready in ten minutes, I’m leaving you behind!” shouts my Dad as he ties up his tie and hears out the door into the cold freezing icy air. Then rushes to the warmth of our car.
My Dad was a protective, strong, handsome, good-looking guy who had brown, blonde hair and brown eyes. Dad and Mum loved each other everyday which made them both perfect for each other lives. He was a caring and helpful person who was a fun and beloved father to me and my sister.
I wished I would have spent more time with my family that day, for which those were the final words I would ever hear from them again.
“ Mel? Can I borrow your red-checker skirt tomorrow?” asks my best friend Sandra.
Sandra was my best friend from the day we both started school. She was smart, kind and sometimes a nerd, but she fun and had a sweet smile. At school she used to make all the guys stare from her beautiful opal coloured eyes to her brown curly hair.
“Yeah...sure..umm..Can you help me find some clothes for the funeral, and are you still coming? If you don’t, if you don’t , I’m going to be extremely bored out of my mind!” I say as I try to talk to Sandra and pick clothes to impress some of my guy cousins. “Of course I’m coming, seriously I won’t miss it for the world!,” says Sandra sarcastically as she continued “Hmmmm… well let me think… well what about your black singlet, your black ruffled skirt and your half black leather jacket with your black leggings plus your black ugg boots.” “OMG, Sandra ..You are a lifesaver!!, Thanks, see you at the funeral, Bye.” I say quickly as I turn off my mobile and start to search in my cupboard for my clothes before my dad heads off without me.

Time passed and I finally got dressed, but as I headed out the door I realized that my whole entire family left without me. So I decided to host a slumber party with Sandra. So I rang Sandra to come to my house not the funeral. Hours passed and me and Sandra were having loads of fun with watching movies and being completely stupid. Suddenly as we both watch our final movie for the day, a sudden new break was on and I was shocked to hear what had happened. I cried for the next few days in grief to hear the my sister, my beloved parents and some of my relatives are completely dead.

Days passed , I was alone, helpless and an orphan. I staying at Sandra’s house when a sudden house call from the police which was regarding about my guardians.