‹ Prequel: Coffeshop Soundtrack
Status: Rewrote last chapter, please read. No epilogue. Love you guys<3

Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter 11

Emily slowly let her arms drop to the bed as she turned her body to face his. She looked into his eyes and bit her lip, thinking. She started to rub her forearm before Alex took her hand and stopped her from doing so. She looked back up at him, searching his eyes.

“I can’t,” she breathed, closing here eyes and looking down.

Alex’s hopeful façade dropped and he let go of her hand. He stood up from the bed and walked out of the room without a word. He was so sure she was going to say yes. He ruffled his hair out of frustration and sat down at the top of the stairs.

Yes, he wanted to hear her say why she couldn’t, but a part of him already knew from the countless of arguments they had already fought. He was tired of arguing, yelling, watching her walk out crying. He wanted things to be easy, but he didn’t want to give up something he knew he could make work.

“I thought you left,” a timid voice spoke from behind him.

He turned around to see her looking down at her feet while she bit her lip. He shook his head and watched as she moved forward and took a seat next to him.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered looking up at him.

Alex sighed before shaking his head and whispering, “Don’t be.”

She nodded her head and placed it on his shoulder.

“I just wish we could have pillow fights and build tents around the house like we’re thirteen again,” Emily mumbled, smiling a little.

“That doesn’t get out to anyone,” Alex laughed.

“Oh no it is. That’s something else everyone knows once you get famous,” Emily said with a smirk.

“Nope, you won’t tell,” Alex replied with a smirk.

Emily laughed. “And how do you plan to keep me from shutting my mouth?” she asked moving her head away and facing him.

“Good ‘ole duct tape,” he said, his smirk growing wider.

Emily’s eyes grew wide and she pointed a finger at him while slowly inching forward to stand. “Oh no you don’t.”

“Oh yes, I think I will!” he yelled as she scampered down the stairs, him running after her.

“Alex don’t you dare!” she yelled running through the rooms, frantically trying to locate the tape.

“Aha!” he yelled chasing after her, a roll of silver tape in his hands.

Emily screamed and laughed, sliding across the floor as he followed after her laughing maniacally. She took the risk and ran back up the stairs into her room. She successfully closed the door, leaning against it, closing her eyes, and panting. Not hearing a struggle on the lock made her look up and open her mouth, “Oh shit!” she screamed as he entered from the bathroom. She ran for the bed and he followed, tackling her onto the mattress in a fit of giggles.

He lay on top of her stomach and arms and tore off a piece of tape.

“No, Alex, don’t,” she said struggling to free her arms that were under him. “Get off me you fat ass!”

“Hey!” he said offended before taking the piece of tape and hovering it right over her mouth making her squeeze her eyes shut and scrunch her face. He admired the adorable face of his best friend before sticking the piece of tape on her shirt and pecking her lips.

“You fucker, you just did that to cop a feel!” she yelled shoving him off of her. They were both still laughing as she pulled the tape off her chest and threw it at his face.

“Oh you liked it,” he panted, sticking his tongue out at her from the floor.

She rolled her eyes and took a pillow and hit him in the face from her spot on the bed.

“Oh it’s on sister,” he said before taking a pillow and fighting back.

Half an hour later they were on the floor clutching their sides.

“It looks like you both just had some entertaining sex.”

They both snapped their heads up to see Jack smirking in the doorway. Giving each other significant glances, Alex and Emily grabbed the pillows beside them and chucked them at the lanky guitarist.

Lacking proper reflexes, he got hit by both and whined, “Hey, not fair!”

Laughter erupted once more, now joined by a third.

Once that died down, Emily pat the spot next to her and Jack sat down looking at the other two, waiting for a plan.

“What’s up Barakitty?” Emily asked.

He shrugged and replied, “I got bored.”

Emily and Alex both nodded before Emily jumped up and ran out the room yelling, “Be right back!”

“So what have you two been doing?” Jack asked Alex.

Alex shrugged and answered, “Just hanging out like old times.”

Jack nodded appreciatively. “No arguing?”

Alex shook his head and let out a sigh of relief. Jack nodded and smiled. “Good.”

The door opened again and both males looked up and laughed as Emily stood in the doorway with a childish grin on her face and a bottle of liquor and three shot glasses in each hand.

“Fuck yeah,” the two guys yelled as she sat in between them.

She poured a glass to each of them and held hers up to the other two as Jack said, “To boners!”

Emily and Alex chuckled before yelling, “Cheers!”

They knocked back the shots and poured more.

“Remember how we planned these little hangouts every week?” Emily asked as Alex poured them a fourth round.

“Mhm, and you always hogged the bottle,” Alex teased, handing her her glass.

She scoffed, “No that was you!”

Jack laughed and pointed, “That was totally both of you. You both ended up wrestling for it while I watched and drank the rest of it.”

Alex and Emily looked at each then at Jack and laughed. “Oh yeah!”

“Remember when you walked into Chemistry with a hangover and Mr. G told you if you came in with another one you would have to explain the scientific reasoning behind them?” Alex asked looking at Emily. “And then you ended up walking in with one the next week.”

“Shutup,” she mumbled as the two guys laughed. “I didn’t even know what I was saying when I had to do that. I think I told Jake Morens that he had a nice rack.”

The two guys howled with laughter. “Yeah but you ended up getting a couple dates out of that,” Jack reasoned. “That’s a great pick-up line.”

“Because you get so many girls with it,” Emily quipped rolling her eyes as she grabbed the bottle and poured them each another glass.

“Psh gurl, I got dem hoes droppin’ to dem knees for me all da time,” Jack mocked a gangster voice unsuccessfully causing Alex and Emily to both spit out the liquor in their mouths.

“Dude,” Alex said laughing as he patted Emily on the back as she coughed between laughing.

Jack just shrugged and knocked back his glass before pouring another, continuing their reminiscing.

“More?” Emily asked looking at Jack as he pressed the bottle to his lips trying to get the last drop.

“Nope,” he answered shaking his head and tilting the bottle upside down.

The three of them pouted before Emily yawned and lied on her back. “I’m tired.”

“Me too,” Jack and Alex said before lying back also and falling into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's flooding around here. Classes got canceled after I had my class this morning. But no classes today!

feedback?

I love all of you by the way. :)