‹ Prequel: Coffeshop Soundtrack
Status: Rewrote last chapter, please read. No epilogue. Love you guys<3

Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter 3

“Awexxxxxxxxx,” a girl reeking with alcohol pressed her body against his.

Alex pushed her away even though she clung to him and simply replied, “No.”

The girl grumbled and said, “You aren’t as friendly as everyone says.”

Alex rolled his eyes and walked away a little pissed off.

“Alex!” he turned to see Caitlin, one of the band’s merch girls, waving at him with a bottled water in her hand.

Alex walked over to her and greeted her, “Hey.”

“You look pissed off!” she yelled over the music.

Alex laughed, “Yeah, kind of.”

“Want to talk? Something’s been on your mind all week. You’ve been a party pooper,” she teased.

Alex shrugged and said, “Sorry and,” he looked back at the party, “Sure.”

They walked away from the music and found a log just outside the nearby wood to sit on. “So who is she?” Caitlin asked knowingly.

“Hm?” Alex asked taking a small sip from his Jack Daniel’s.

“The girl that’s got you all tied up,” Caitlin answered simply.

Alex looked down at his beer and swung it slightly around making the liquid slosh a little. “Emily,” he breathed with a small smile adorning his face at the name.

He looked up to see Caitlin smiling. “Awh,” she cooed. “Tell me about her. Girlfriend? What the story, why are you such a Debby Downer?”

Alex took a moment before answering embarrassed, “I wish she was my girlfriend.”

“Well why isn’t she? Don’t have the balls to ask her?”

Alex chuckled. “No, it’s…complicated,” he answered vaguely.

“She has a boyfriend?”

Alex shook his head, “No no, we…we have a…past.”

Caitlin picked up that he didn’t want to explain further and paused a moment before replying, “Well make it simple.” Then she got up and walked off.

“But it’s not that easy!” Alex yelled after her after he realized she had got up.

“Then make it easy!” she yelled back before smiling at him and going back to the party.

Alex sat staring after her, letting the words permeate through his thoughts. “Make it easy,” he repeated. “What does that even mean?” he asked himself before shaking his head and standing. He threw the empty bottle away before making his way to the van.

He lied on the seat staring at the screen on his phone. It was opened to a new text with a “To: Em”

He sighed heavily and closed his phone falling asleep with Emily running through his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
does anyone else picture that scene from the lion king where rafiki runs from simba after he talks to him in the field? like at the end of this where alex says "what does that even mean?" part?

no? just me?

anywayssssssssss i wish i had my jack story finished so i could post it. but i don't so :(

happy birthday to that loser. (;