‹ Prequel: Coffeshop Soundtrack
Status: Rewrote last chapter, please read. No epilogue. Love you guys<3

Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter 6

“Aww,” a girl’s voice breathed before a loud click was heard and a bright flash burned into Alex’s eyelids.

He opened his eyes and squinted to see all of his friends crowded around him. He instantly became confused before feeling a soft nudge against his chest. His eyes fell to the brunette laying her head on his chest, breathing slowly. He gently brushed her bangs out of her eyes and found the beautiful face of his best friend sleeping contently, a small smile playing on her lips. He smiled before shaking her gently awake.

She mumbled something incoherently before her eyes fluttered open and she took in her surroundings.

“What the fuck do you guys want?” she mumbled receiving laughs from everyone. “Creeps watching me sleep,” she muttered before sitting up, her hair falling gracefully on her back.

“We’re going swimming!” Jack screeched before running around the yard and flailing his arms in the air.

“Ugh,” Emily sighed before brushing grass off her.

“You have some in your hair,” Alex said brushing it out. “And on your back,” he chuckled.

“Thanks,” Emily chuckled before she was suddenly pulled up from the ground.

Alex quickly stood and watched as the girls chattered as they walked back into the house.

“Alex,” Zack’s voice woke him from his trance.

“Huh? Yeah,” Alex replied before turning to Zack.

“Are you guys…” he paused, “Good then?”

Alex thought about it for a minute, then nodded. “Just friends,” he said dully as the emptiness from the night before filled him.

Zack gave him a sympathetic squeeze on his shoulder before they followed Jack and Rian back into the house.

“Hey Emily?” Rebecca spoke from the bathroom as she changed into a swimsuit Emily lent her.

“Yeah?” she answered as Rebecca walked back into the room.

“Are you and Alex…good then?”

Emily nodded. “I think so.”

“So wait are you two together?” Lindsey asked.

Emily shook her head. “He agreed to let it go,” she answered. “Plus I’m dating Eric, remember?”

“Ugh yeah, why are you dating him anyways, isn’t he an asshole?” Rebecca asked bluntly.

Emily laughed, “No, not at all. He’s great.”

“So then are you two together, together, or just like dating?” Lindsey asked curiously.

“Just dating. Nothing serious,” Emily answered.

The two girls exchanged a glance before sitting down next to Emily. Lindsey turned on her camera and held up the picture of Alex and Emily sleeping outside. Emily softly awed at the picture before feeling sudden wave of guilt that quickly went away. She shrugged and stood, “Well let’s go.”

Lindsey and Rebecca once again gave knowing looks to each other before following Emily out the bedroom door and downstairs to the waiting quintet.
♠ ♠ ♠
short, but it's an update