‹ Prequel: Coffeshop Soundtrack
Status: Rewrote last chapter, please read. No epilogue. Love you guys<3

Hardly Worth Your Time

Chapter 9

“Sooooooo?” Rebecca and Lindsey asked walking into Emily’s house the next morning.

Emily winced and looked up from her breakfast. She and Alex had just got home about half an hour ago and she was still nursing a hangover.

“So what?” she asked taking a bite of cereal.

“Oh don’t give us that shit, tell us how it went!” Lindsey asked sitting on the counter.

Emily shrugged. “It was fine.”

Rebecca rolled her eyes before leaning against the wall so they were all facing each other. “Oh c’mon Emily, give us something.”

Emily rolled her eyes before sipping on her orange juice. “It was fine. The real question is why the hell did you two set that up?”

“Because you loooooooooooove Alex and needed to go on a date with him because you’re too stubborn to actually do it yourself,” Lindsey said matter-of-factly.

“Why am I friends with you two again?” Emily asked.

They laughed.

“Because without us you would be stuck with the guys all the time,” Lindsey answered.

“This is true,” Emily agreed nodding her head.

“And because we’re amazing,” Rebecca added.

“I don’t know about that,” Emily smirked taking her bowl to the sink.

Lindsey shoved her lightly as they all laughed.

“We should go shopping and you can tell us allllll about the date,” Lindsey offered.

“There’s not much to talk about,” Emily replied.

“Lie, you have a hangover. Now go get dressed, you’re going to talk,” Rebecca replied pointing towards the hallway.

Emily rolled her eyes but walked upstairs and changed before walking back down and following the two girls out to the black Mazda once again.

Fifteen minutes later they arrived at the mall and headed in, Emily in the middle as the other two bombarded her with questions about the previous night.

“We just had dinner and then we went to the docks and drank Jaeger,” Emily finally admitted.

“Knew we would get you to spill,” Rebecca replied with a smirk as they entered Forever 21.

“It’s really not a big deal,” Emily argued as they sifted through the clothing racks.

“Oh c’mon Emily it’s a big deal. You and Alex went on a date!” Lindsey said. “This was your first date!”

“Yeah but nothing’s coming from it. And you set it up. I went along with it to avoid an argument. I feel like all I’ve been doing this summer since he’s been around is arguing,” Emily told them folding a shirt over her arm.

“Why don’t you just give him a chance?” Rebecca asked looking up from a rack of jeans.

“Because I know Alex,” Emily replied vaguely.

“Yeah we do too,” Rebecca replied slowly.

“What I mean is he’s still the same guy he was in high school, he’s still just as easily tempted and I’m not willing to put up with that,” Emily sighed.

Rebecca and Lindsey gave each other looks before Lindsey replied, “I think you’d be surprised.”

“Hm?” Emily said not looking up.

“Well when we were with the guys on tour, he didn’t get with any girls,” Lindsey continued.

“Really?” Emily said glancing up.

“Yeah, he had a bunch throw themselves on him but he refused them, said he was taken.”

“Why would he say that?” Emily asked looking up and furrowing her eyebrows.

“Oh c’mon Emily, it’s so obvious. He’s really trying to prove to you that he can commit,” Lindsey said seriously as they walked into the dressing rooms.

Emily stayed silent while she looked in the mirror at the outfit she was trying on. “Look I know Alex, I’ve known him for years and I know how he operates. He’s done this before with a couple other girls, stayed committed for a while and then he starts fooling around. He gets ADD with girls.”

Sighs were heard from the other two stalls as she rolled her eyes.

“I don’t know Emily, he seems pretty serious this time,” Rebecca’s voice said from Emily’s left.

“And I’m telling you that what you’re telling me isn’t going to change my mind,” Emily sighed walking out of the dressing room hanging up a couple things on the return rack. “So just drop it.”

“Fine,” Lindsey replied defeated.

“I still think you should give him a chance,” Rebecca mumbled walking out.

Emily rolled her eyes before replying, “Drop it Bec and let’s go find some jewelry.”

“Oh alright,” she replied following the other two to the middle of the store.

&&&

“So how’d it go bro?” Rian asked as the four band mates sat in his basement for practice.

“How’d what go?” Alex asked taking a drink from a Pepsi and sitting on the old couch.

“Your date with Emi,” Jack replied sitting next to him.

“How’d you guys know?” Alex asked looking around.

“Linds and Bec,” Zack replied with a shrug.

Alex nodded his head before replying, “It went well.”

“What’d you guys do?” Jack asked.

“Ate at Romano’s then went to the docks.”

“Nice, did you kiss?” Rian asked sitting on the floor.

Alex shook his head. “Wouldn’t have been the right time, you know? I’m trying to not fuck things up.”

“Well that’s new,” Zack said making the rest of the guys laugh.

“So are you going to ask her out again?” Rian asked as the other two guys stared at the lead singer.

Alex glanced between his three friends before shrugging. “I don’t know if she would do it. I think the only reason she did last night was because she didn’t want to argue in the restaurant.”

“C’mon man I’m sure there was more to it. How’d you get her to the docks then?”

Alex shrugged.

“What happened at the docks, brah?” Jack asked curiously.

Alex looked down at his soda can and kept the blush from rising in his cheeks before looking up and replying, “Jaeger and shit talking.”

The guys chuckled.

“Did she give you any hope?” Jack asked.

Alex thought back to the previous night’s events and nodded his head, “Yeah I think so.”

“This is weird giving Alex advice to ask a girl out, but brah get on that,” Zack said slapping Alex’s chest.

Alex sat there and nodded his head letting the guys go into other conversation. He thought about asking Emily out on a date and wondering if she actually would. He would have to be tactful about it instead of doing what he did last time and blurt it out. Would she even go for it? Doesn’t hurt to try I guess… He thought.

He was going to do it tomorrow and hope for the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is shitty. But the next one will make up for it.

Glad I'm back?
I really needed that break, thanks for supporting me. (: