The word I wish for

The first, the only.

I bounded onto the bus, looking excited and jittery. This was unusual, so Mikey'd been keeping an eye on me. I had been repeatedly asked by my band mates what was going on, and what evil I was planning. I only ever laughed and shook my head, and they didn't pursue their questioning.

"Seriously, Bob, what the fuck. That was an extra long set. How are you not tired?" Frank asked while flopping on the couch with a towel. I just smiled, keeping my mouth shut. Thankfully my back was turned to him while I rifled around the kitchen. "Just leftover adrenaline. I mean, we hadn't played in a while...."
"We went without playing for a week. I'm seriously worried about your mental health." Frank grumbled while wiping off his face for the millionth time. Ray chuckled and sat next to him. Mikey climbed onto the bus hurriedly, closing the door behind him. "Gee's out signing." he said while peeling off his soaked jacket. "I should go help..." I mumbled mostly to myself. "Take a better jacket, it just started raining harder." Mikey told me. I nodded quickly, grabbed a jacket and walked out.

I ran over to where Gerard, Worm and the line of people were, grabbed a sharpie and got to work. Everything I signed had to be shielded from the rain by a jacket. A few signatures and pictures later, the line had dissipated, and Worm was ushering us closer to the busses. The only person I'd told my plan to, was Worm. I couldn't not - or else he might ruin my attempt by forcing us onto the bus.

After getting us inside the fenced area where the busses were, he closed the gate and wandered off. Gerard immediately knew something was up - Worm never let us alone until we'd gotten onto the bus. He gave me a quizzical look, but said nothing. I jammed my hands into my pockets and fumbled with the box, vaguely wondering if I'd have the guts to do it. Gerard blinked heavily, and that was my cue. "Gerard, umm...it's been about a year, and..." don't you fucking fuck this up, Bryar!
"...and?" Gerard muttered, looking enthralled. Words had failed me, I couldn't trust them anymore. I pulled the little box out of my pocket, and opened it. My hands were starting to shake a bit, as scenes of him saying no and kicking me out of the band started playing in my mind.

There was a moment he just stared inside the box, eyes open so wide it looked as though they might fall out. I swallowed hard, suddenly becoming aware that there were, in fact, people still standing at the fence watching. Ohh fuck. Ohfuckohfuck. Just as I thought I might as well take his reaction as a 'no', he emitted a strange scream-like noise, and latched onto me - yelling "YESYESYESYES". I almost collapsed under his weight, but adrenaline pulled me through.

There were several flashes once the people outside the fence had realized what was going on. But I was much too happy to care that everyone would know about us in roughly an hour. Right now, I was just a smiling idiot who was hugging his husband-to-be.