‹ Prequel: The Webs We Weave

If I Let You Go Would The Scars Continue To Show

Fancy Seeing You Here

“Angel!” a more than familiar voice exclaimed. I spun around and Max came hurtling forward. He stopped in front if me, “I thought you were getting out tomorrow”
“I was lucky I guess”
He smiled. It was brilliant. I couldn’t help but smile back at the stranger.
“Angel I really am sorry,” he said, looking worried. I nodded, “I just wanna forget it and try and remember my old friends.”
He smiled again, “I’ll help”
“Thanks”
“Umm I’m gonna go see Craig” Gabby said, frowning at Max. I couldn’t tell that she didn’t really like him at the moment and I still didn’t know the full story. That reminds me…
“Max can we talk?” I asked as the door clicked. He sighed, “Sure”
We sat on the end of one of the beds and I looked at the floor, “What happened?”
“I was drunk and high. I don’t remember a lot but I remember you on the hotel floor bleeding and I walked out, not knowing what I’d actually done” he said quietly. I nodded, “Oh”
“But Angel you gotta realize I didn’t mean it. I never meant it”
“What do you mean?” I frowned, closing my eyes
“Apparently I did it a lot. Hit you, I mean. I don’t know why I did it and I cant remember it but Bryan said he saw the bruises and the way you walked” he said, his voice getting smaller. My breath got caught in my throat. So he did this more than once. If he loved me like he said he did then why did he hurt me? All the forgiveness that I had was very nearly gone for Max. I stood up, “I need fresh air”
“Angel I-“
“No Max” I said, walking out the door.

I found myself at a near-by café. I sat down and then realized I didn’t have any money. I groaned and got up, bumping into something.
“Fancy seeing you here”
I looked up and saw Jack. I smiled, “Hey Jack”
“How are you?” he asked, sitting me back down
“Shit”
“Oh?”
“Max just told me what happened. What really happened” I told my friend
“Oh. What happened?”
“Apparently he loves me but he bashed me and left me on the hotel floor.” I mumbled.
“Ohh Angel” he sighed, putting his arms around me, “I’m so sorry”
“Me too. It’s like I’m with Peter all over again” I told him, putting my head on his shoulder.
“I know. I wish I was there to help you Angel. I really do”
“I know. Thanks for everything you’ve ever done Jack”
“It’s okay. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me” he smiled as we let go.
“What are friends for” I smiled. He nodded, “I’ve missed you Angel”
“I’ve missed you too”
We bought coffee. I insisted that he come back o the hotel and let me pay him back. He refused but I glared at him and he smiled, “Stubborn as always”
I laughed, “Yeah, apparently I haven’t changed a bit”
“Well who ever said that was right”
I grinned and we got up. We walked back to the hotel and to mine and Max’s room. He was sitting on the bed, like he was when I left. I don’t think he moved. Jack waited at the door while I grabbed the money from my wallet. I walked back out and closed the door, handing the money to Jack.
“When does the tour resume?” he asked. I shrugged, “Umm 2 days I think. I might not even go”
“Why?” he frowned
“I don’t know anyone but Bryan”
“It’ll be good for your memory” Jack smiled. I shrugged, “I guess so”
“You should go. And anyway Bryan will probably want you there to help you. He’s always been like that” Jack explained
“I know” I nodded, “My best friend”
“Yeah. Well I better get home. I’ve been off work since I found out you were in the hospital”
I groaned, “Jack your gonna get fired”
“No, no it’ll be okay. As long as you’re fine. That’s all that matters”
I smiled and hugged him, “Thank you Jaxon”
“It’s okay Angel”
We let go and I watched him get in the elevator and disappear when the doors closed. He had changed. His appearance was more…well grown up. He had died his hair full black. His face was leaner now and his skin had color in it. He had come a long way from the kid I had known in high school. I sighed and decided to go inside. No use putting it off.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment :)