Choices You'll Later Regret

Choices

He was given directions but only with a warning. The creature known to hang around the darkest places of town did no light up the area with his compassion, he fit in.

Having to lie to convince the bouncer to let him in, he waited for nearly twenty minutes until someone finally came out to get him. He did his best not to think anything at all during the time, afraid someone might hear his thoughts and call his bluff.

The man who stood in front of him now had electric blue-green eyes and gold hair, he was well-built and tall. He seemed friendly, though and not as intimidating as the guard.”We had tryouts yesterday but you’re his type anyways so come on. Keep up or Ronny here will throw you across the street so fast, you won’t know what hit you.” He turned on his heel and walked quickly, smirking back at the guard who stood at least 6’7’’.

Matt struggled to keep up with the Greek man, nearly breaking into a run on several occasions. It was obvious they were avoiding people, walking through a long hallway that was absolutely silent made the teen a bit nervous.

He knew there were at least a couple hundred people and loud music in the club and he couldn’t hear anything now. No one could hear him, he accepted with a heavy swallow.

“Mr. Schieppati, someone is here for an interview.” The man with electric eyes and golden hair knocked on a thick door at the end of the hall.

The creature Matt had seen pictures of stepped out with a mischievous smirk. His thin lips were curled up but his eyes were taunting, slightly aggressive. “Come with us, Matthew.” He led the two men through another door and down what seemed like hundreds of stairs.

The artificial light faded the further they went and candles burned through the darkness when they finally got to a wide, open cement bunker, it seemed, and Brandan slammed the blond man against the concrete wall, tied his limbs to restraints already there, the Greek’s chest against the cement.

“You can watch what happens to my employees who fall for stupid lies with me to and then tell me whether or not you feel it was worth lying to him to you,” the dark-haired, winged man said to Matt and looked away. “Zack, fifty lashes.”

Matt had been introduced to the demon who stepped out through pictures. It was Zackary Baker and he was a slave of some sorts to Brandan, he had pale green eyes and black hair and wings. “Yes, master,” he bowed and stood behind the blond, a whip with three tails in his hand.

The tails had pieces of what looked like bone attached every foot and a half or so, they cracked together when Zack drew his arm and the tails thrashed through the air to hit blonde’s back, ripping his black button-up shirt as well as his back apart.

At the end of each tail was a bone hook that tore into the man’s back and after only two, Matt, who had yet to apologize for anything in his entire life, nearly cried out that he was sorry and just wanted to meet Brandan to ask for help. If he wouldn’t have lied, the bouncer would not have let him in and he was desperate.

“Your sister will die anyway, Matthew. That’s what humans do, they are born then they die. Is it worth it to you to sell your soul to buy only a few mere years for her? The opportunity to be Alex at any time, whether or not you believe it’s justified, is it worth it to you? I could save your sister, sure, but you’d never be able to see them again and you would no longer have your own free-will. I’d control every thing about you. For only a few years more of her life, have you really even thought about that?”

“My mom has already lost seven of nine children; my sister means the absolute world to her. It may only be a short time to you, who lives forever, but the happiness it’d bring my mom not to have to bury her youngest would be worth it to me.” He cringed when Brandan made him physically look at the back that was now bleeding down the blonde’s bare and lacerated legs onto the floor.

Alex’s clothes were ripped off now and everywhere from the back of his knees to his neck were lacerated and bleeding. The back of his arms looked especially painful. He didn’t speak at all, though. His eyes were closed and crying but not even a sound came from his tightly closed lips.

“Your mother would be happier to lose you than her daughter? If he screams aloud, Zack will start over,” he answered the unspoken question of how Alex remained quiet when he was in obvious pain.

“My parents would probably be happy to lose me even if I couldn’t save Amy but I know having her would make them happy.”

“Zack, enough,” the black-winged man walked over the blond and untied him after Zack had murmured ‘twenty-four’ to himself. “Just sit.” He pointed to the floor and looked back at Matt when Alex obeyed, cringing at the pain that it caused.

Alex’s face was red from the tears and he had his hand on Brandan’s leg now, as he carefully leaned against his master’s leg without getting blood on him. It was comforting just to lean against Brandan and not be kicked off; Matt could see the relief in the ocean blue eyes as he watched Alex trying to calm down.

“Does the house need any more hands, Zack?” Brandan asked the green-eyed demon.

“You wanted a garden, Master. The group building the new house could use his strength, also, Sir.” He said after a couple of seconds of thought. His eyes darkened a bit while thinking, Matt noticed.

“No, he’ll be my second assistant. Take him to get trained and change him. I bet his blood tasted great considering how good he smells, make sure he’s properly trained to hunt. First, change and go with him to his sister. Do not reveal yourself to her, be careful. I’ll meet you back at our house when you’ve dropped him off at training. Welcome to your own hell, Matthew. You won’t like this, I promise. You’ll regret this later, guaranteed.” He shrugged and motioned for Alex to stand up.

After the two walked out, Brandan kneeled beside the blond and ran his fingertip across Alex’s jaw and down his slanted nose. “If you fall for that ever again, I’ll let Zack finish. Go home.”

“I’m sorry,” he said quietly, his voice having not come back fully yet, and left. He was a transporter and could easily move between the places he had already been.

Brandan made his way to the shopkeeper who had recommended Matt come to him, “Do you know the difference between angels and demons, Andrew?” His eyes were fierce and he tapped his fingers against the store’s oak counter.

“No?” The man asked, frightened now.

“We’re all the same species, of course. The difference is whether or not we choose to do good or evil. I made my choice a while ago and unless you want to be a victim to that, you will keep your mouth shut and away from inviting people into a world you do not yourself belong.” He growled and left when the man wasn’t saying anything else. Once a human was that scared, there was no reasoning with them.

He’d come back later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction and no harm to the personal or professional lives of the characters mentioned is meant.