Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Katie

I found myself wandering towards the kitchen, everything seeming slightly fuzzy. It was almost like somebody had flipped on a fog machine. Finally, I found myself at the archway leading into the room, but stopped noticing a vaguely familiar woman standing near Bob, with a camera in her hands.

"Come on, Bob! Let me video tape you!" she grinned, moving the camera, as Bob pushed it away, a smile tainting his lips.

"Get it away!" he laughed a little, snatching the camera out of her hands, and taping her, as she gained a pouting face. "Smile for me. You look different every day..." he moved the camera away, and set it on the counter, so it was facing her, before grabbing her, and pulling her close.

Once again, the feeling pressed deeper, until my mind flashed to seeing the picture of Bob and a girl on his wall. My imagination was crazy. First getting Jamia, and now Bob's wife?

Suddenly, Frank darted into the room, pulling the camera up, "ew! Old people love!" he stuck out his tongue, as Bob batted the camera away, though persistant Frank merely shifted a little, and continued filming.

Bob's lip twitched into a smirk, "fine, you wanna see 'old people love'?" he shook his head, and kissed the girl's lips. She looked older than in the picture, possibly by a few years, and somewhat older than Bob. Probably the effect of being a vampire and not aging. That would be interesting, staring at your significant other as they grow old and wrinkly, while you look like you're in your mid twenties. It'd be like walking up to one of my ex boyfriends and saying 'hey grandpa! Have you taken your medicine today?' and being serious...

"Oh yeah, a little tongue!" Frank grinned, "why don't I get any kisses, Katie? I want one! Wait... no... I don't want your drooly germs on me!" he shook his head, before placing the camera on the counter, and darting out of the room before I could even react.

The blonde couldn't help but snicker a little, and press his lips to, the girl, Katie's neck, "I don't want you to get older... I want you to stay with me..." he murmered into her ear. It was strange that I could hear everything so well. "It won't mean you've lost your soul... you'll still be you." With that, the woman shook her head, and Bob let out a sigh. "Alright..." he shrugged a little, before a loud crash echoed off the walls. "Great... Now what'd he break?" was all the man muttered before slipping out of the room.

For a short while, Katie just stood there, lifting her hand up to examine a silver band that was on her finger. I took a few steps towards her, shifting a little. "...Uhm...?" I was thinking of something to say, as her eyes flickered towards me.

"Don't fall in love with a vampire. It hurts worse than their bite," she muttered lowly, before turning away, as the sound of footsteps made soft taps against the floor, and the smoke thickened until I was in darkness.

I soon found myself awake, staring at Frank's peircing eyes as he examined my face. "You slept in," he quickly pointed out, shifting so that I could see the clock that his shoulder blocked. It was true, I had. The clock read 1:33 in dark numbers, as his eyes scanned my face. "What was your dream about? It pains me to hear your heart race, yet have no clue what could be going on in your mind," he sat up, fooling with his slightly messy hair a little, before scratching his faded-ink sleeve on his arm.

"Nothing," I responded simply, sitting up, and taking no time to hop out of the cold bed, where warmth seemed to embrace my body. Before he could deny my answer, I scurried into my room, and shut the door, changing into clothing for the day. Katie and Jamia? ...Who else is there? I perced my lip, as I finished putting on my clothes, and made my way into Frank's room.

"Liar," was the only word that slipped from his perfect lips, that held a crooked smile.