Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Intimidation

I thought about the dream, as I walked down the stairs, followed closely by Frank, who held his hands gently on top of my shoulders. 'So I wouldn't run off' he would say. He thought I was afraid of everyone now. No, I wasn't afraid of Bob or Frank. Gerard was a little iffy, along with Mikey, but now I was almost terrified of Ray. Perhaps it was witnessing him tricking a poor girl into being his next victim.

Slipping into the living room, I glanced at the couch. It looked perfectly clean, and I thought of the young woman that had sat there with Ray. Sat where I had first sat with Frank. Where many other people had been killed. I couldn't help but shudder. Frank felt this, and his arms suddenly shifted, wrapping around my shoulders. I could feel his chilling breath slip down my neck, causing a chill to run up my spine.

"He had to do it..." the man murmured in my ear, "...but he won't hurt you, so don't scream when you see him, or call him a killer. Think about it, I do the same thing... and I didn't kill you... you even slept in my bed, if I do recall properly," I could feel his smirk, as he shifted his arms back, his hands resting on my shoulders again, allowing me to walk again.

Ray wasn't even in the kitchen, which surprised me, however, Mikey was, and his eyes shot up to stare at me. I could tell that he was watching every move and breath I took. It made me really paranoid. I could even feel Frank's grip on my shoulders tighten a little, as he took a small step closer to me, making me feel cold. "Don't think about it, Mikey. Do I need to remind you about her?" Frank's voice sounded threatening, but I spotted the man in front of me flinch a little. For some reason, I had a feeling they weren't just talking about Jamia, because it would have hurt Frank more than Mikey, wouldn't it have? "I'm watching her... not you. You brought her here, but she's mine. Gerard's the only one who can decide if anyone does that..."

This time, I felt myself flinch, and I took a step back into Frank's arms, which he wrapped around me like earlier. "What are you talking about?" my voice lowered to a whisper, but Mikey was still staring at me. Something about his stare terrified me.

"I know that," Mikey spoke up, "and she is all of ours. What about Ray's? She almost told everyone. If our pet runs away..." he let out a sigh.

I shivered a little, and felt Frank bury his face into my shoulder, as if he were being overprotective. I would have complained, and tried to push him away, but I realized something about the first day I was here. About how the last person that he had watched was Jamia. I don't look like her... I instantly seemed to jump to that thought. Actually, I didn't know what she looked like. Apparently I wasn't too much of a pest for him to be arguing with his friend about something regarding me. "...He won't do anything..." Frank muttered into my shoulder, before releasing his grip, and pushing me towards Mikey. This caused my heart to jump, from the shock.

Mikey was staring at me oddly, scanning me, before taking a step closer, and gripping onto my shoulders tightly. Not like how the dark haired man did, more... unpleasantly tight. "Are you afraid of me?" he glared at me.

At that moment, I realized something. I was actually afraid of him. More than anything else at the second. Possibly more-so than Ray. I didn't respond, merely staring at him with a vacant look reading off of my face. I heard a hiss emit from Mikey, as he suddenly jerked me, lowering his body a little to be at eye level with me. The man's face seemed more pale than I had noticed before.

"Enough!" a familiar tone snapped, "don't give her a heart attack, Mikey. She's not going anywhere!" I shivered again, turning to stare at the stern expression that held Gerard's face. He was gripping onto Frank's arm, who looked like he was going to hit something. "Everyone calm down," the matted haired man demanded, and Mikey's grip loosened, enough so for Gerard to pull me back, and lead me with one hand to Frank, who grabbed onto me suddenly. "Outside. Now!" was all I heard commanded from the man. It made me realize how the man seemed to be the leader.

Frank suddenly picked me up, causing me to squeak in surprise, and he carried me into the living room, and hurried up the stairs, not soon enough for me to hear a loud crash. "W-What's going on?" my eyes widened.

The man set me down on the foot of his bed, "they're fighting a little. Nothing serious. Just making Mikey realize that he can't do that," I heard a faint growl emit from his throat. "Don't worry," he managed a smile, "he just wanted to scare you..."

I could see the lies written all over the protective vampire's face. "He wanted to kill me," I stated, as if I had known all along.

Air was inhaled through the man's teeth, before he nodded a little, "...don't take it personally. In the past... we had an incident that would have gotten us six feet under. He's overly cautious... after finding out that you saw... that last night... he probably thought you'd attempt something..." he pressed his hands into his pockets, as there was a loud yowl that echoed through the walls. "It's over.. that was Mikey..." I cringed, and he examined my face, managing to let out a soft laugh, "he's only going to need to rest for a day, and he'll feel as well as he always has! Don't worry, it's just a broken bone..."