Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Warnings

The remainder of the night passed quickly, and shortly before I went into the house with Frank, I realized that none of the other vampires were in sight anymore, save for the one that was leading me to the door. People had finally stopped entering the yard, and seemed to be dwindling in numbers now. Thinking about it, I remembered seeing Gerard leading a girl away from the party shortly before Frank said that we should go. Imagining Gerard and the girl led my mind to wander to the night I walked in on Ray and his meal, sending a shiver down my spine and a twisted feeling in my gut. Perhaps all of them were off with a person. Secluded, probably someplace dark, where nobody would hear them...

I cringed the thought away, and walked into the house, getting ready for bed and washing any makeup off of my face, before slipping into an unusually peaceful sleep.

In my dreams, Jamia was standing in a blank room. There was nothing except for a small boarded window from the roof of the room, with a small square of light where she stood, shining on one of her eyes, causing it to glisten. A strange flowery scent fluttered through the room, and as she shifted, I realized a gray-sheeted bed was directly behind her, as she sat down at the foot of it. She held a gentle smile, and patted the bed beside her, motioning for me to come towards her. I did as she had requested, noticing a faded door across the room, where Katie stood. It gave me chills sitting in the room with the two.

"Hello," a soothing voice echoed off the walls, as I turned to stare at Jamia. She smiled still, and Kate made her way to the bedside, but didn't say anything. "We wanted to talk to you," Jamia murmered.

Kate finally spoke, startling me slightly, "we were talking about you," she murmered, "and wanted to tell you something important..." her voice held a pleasant essence, however, overall gave me a chill. "Darkness..." the words cracked after this, as I noticed light gray shadows on the wall of two other women, though they didn't feel threatening. Were they part of the "we" Katie was talking about?

Jamia looked at Kate worriedly, as the dream faded, and flickered, almost like a damaged video that the VCR would be eating. A black shadow drifted over the gray figures, devouring them. I looked towards Jamia and Kate, however, Kate was no longer there, and Jamia was standing where she had been when the dream started, the darkness seeming to eat everything around her slowly, as I noticed her lipping words. I thought I made out "be careful" but before I could understand what she was talking about, the darkness shrouded her, her eye glittering in the square of light for a few seconds, before fading into the dark like everything else. A hissing sound soon filled the area, along with shouting. Frank shouting.

My eyes shot open, feeling cold hands jerking me up. "Jade! What's wrong with you?" Frank's eyes were wide, staring at me. I found myself in a cold sweat, shaking, tears threatening to slip down my cheeks, "you were shouting and fighting with your blankets!"

After staring for a few moments, I came to realization that it was all just a dream. Nothing more. "Jamia..." I muttered lowly, and he let go of me, opening his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I quickly rubbed my eyes, ridding myself of the tears. "It was nothing, a nightmare." I saw him biting his lip harshly, as he nodded and turned, ready to leave the room. "Wait, Frank?" I murmured, standing up. He turned to stare at me, and I wrapped my arms around him carefully, "I'm sorry... nightmares are terrible..."

He nodded a little, resting his cheek against my forehead, "I know... but how did you know it was Jamia? I don't think I've ever shown you a picture..."

"I knew it was her. I just did..." I mumbled lowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while! This is just kinda... a filler-ish thing. I never intended on having her have this dream, but it seemed like a way to fit in a short chapter that would fit in the story well, and give me enough to work with for an update. I'll try to update more soon!