Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Alone

Frank shook his head, "it wasn't her." I could have sworn I heard a low growl in his tone, but couldn't be positive, as he turned away and left my room.

The next two days went on somewhat similar to this, where Frank would give me slightly eerie looks, and seem to disappear. It was boring without him hopping around and tormenting people that had nothing to do.

Now I was the person with nothing to do, except for watching music channels that played reruns about as much as a normal person would blink. I was watching one of those reruns right now, but it wasn't really bad. I had watched it once before, though, so I knew the play list.

A band called 12 Bullets to the Head were talking about their favorite music video, and quietly, I was lipping what the interviewer was saying.

"So, Aiden, how do you feel about touring?" I mumbled lowly, mimicking the tone of the man talking to the dark haired teen on the interview.

"Great, I love being able to play for all of these people," Aiden smiled.

They continued the interview, up until the man talking with 12 Bullets turned to stare at the camera, and smiled, "alright, that's great, but we're running out of time, so here's a song by 12 Bullets to the Head called "I Need You (Here)." Enjoy." With that, the screen faded out, and slowly turned to the music video for the band's hit song.

Just as the lyrics started up, the TV turned dark, and the cushions on the couch shifted a little as weight was put on them. I turned to stare into the eyes of the vampire who had interrupted me watching a good music video.

"We need to talk, Jade," Frank mumbled lowly, I almost didn't catch what he had said, though luckily did. "I don't want you to mention anything about Jamia again, okay? It bothers me, you know it does. Don't say her name again unless you really have to - which you shouldn't."

It took me a few seconds to understand what he had said, but once I had, I could only nod, feeling my throat tighten a little at how serious he sounded. It made me nervous. Especially with him being the one who wanted to kill me the first day I was here. With him upset with me, I worried he'd change his mind about listening to Gerard about not being allowed to drain all of the blood from my body.

Frank nodded a little, "good. That's it," he stood up, and walked out of my sight, disappearing someplace into the kitchen.

I stared for a few minutes at the doorway that he had gone through, before standing up, as he walked out, and looked at me.

"Did you know that nobody's home?" he sounded like he was already back to the usual Frank, and was looking around vacantly. "I saw Bob and Ray leave earlier, but I didn't know Mikey and Gerard were gone, did you? They are. I can't find them - or scent them. It's all stale and old-like. They must've left this morning. It's really weird. I don't think Gerard's ever left the house without telling someone where he was going. Wonder if Mikey took him off somewhere to finish their fight from... when was that again? When Mikey broke his arm?" he looked at me, as I continued a vacant stare, not quite understanding everything that he was saying still. "Oh well, yeah, Mikey holds grudges sometimes. I don't know where Gerard could be. I need to talk to him about something. Can I trust to leave you alone for a few minutes while I check... a perfect place for Mikey to fight with his brother without being noticed?" I only nodded, not really understanding the question, but figuring it would only take the vampire a few minutes. I really couldn't run off anywhere within a couple of minutes. Not without being hunted down. "Good. Be back in a... little while. If you go anywhere, I'll sick Ray on you," he smirked a little, wrapping his arms around me for a few seconds, causing my body to freeze. I had forgotten how cold he was. He smiled a little, pulling away from me, and disappeared like that. Really, I didn't even see him leave, but he was gone.

"Uhm... o..kay..." I mumbled quietly, to myself, wondering what I could do in my free time that I felt nervous doing around the vampires. I sighed dully, walking into the kitchen, and taking a glance at the mystery door, before rummaging through the refrigerator, coming out with nothing to interest me, except for a can of coca cola, which I drank fairly quickly, looking out the window quietly, awaiting the return of Frank, or maybe even Gerard.

As I waited, I felt an uncomfortable chill slipping down my spine, staring at the dull blue curtains. In my mind, I could see the curtains pull back in time, where they were a gentle blue - like the color of a soft baby blanket - with white designs flitting the corner of the cloth. Maybe a flower pot or something sitting on the windowsill, where a small ring stained, which seemed the accurate size of something to hold a flower or small plant.

My eyes slowly drew back to the door, curiosity still biting at me to find out what was behind the old door, the tarnished knob still managing to shine dully in the light, as if saying "turn me! You know you wanna! I'm trying to be shiny! Pay attention to me!" It was kind of shiny. And how badly I wanted to see what was beyond the door.

Thinking about it, nobody ever told me I couldn't go in there. They only said I couldn't run away. So really, they couldn't get too mad if I just... took a quick look around. Well, they could, my mind told me that instantly, but I could defend myself if they hadn't wanted me to look. They never told me no.

Taking a glance at the clock, around three minutes had been spent debating on if I was going to see what was behind the door. If I didn't now, I probably never would, and Frank would surely be back soon. It was surprising he wasn't already. With that in mind, I quickly made my way to the door, and turned the old knob.