Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Sorry

"What?" my eyes seemed to widen to the size of small discs.

Frank pursed his lips, "I bit you," he repeated quietly, taking a glance at Gerard, before slowly pulling his gaze to my eyes, most likely reading my emotions with ease.

Curiosity tugged at me, along with worry. He bit me? I thought he had a large amount of control. I didn't want blood, and obviously wasn't dead. "So does that make me..?"

"A vampire?" Frank cut off my sentence. "No, it doesn't," he mumbled lowly, and I heard Gerard's mattress creak, as he rose to his feet.

The bus had stopped moving, I had just realized. Why it had, I really didn't know, but I didn't really care either. For now, I'd assume we were at a rest stop or gas station. Soon, I heard Mikey groan, and the bed creaked as he must have rolled onto his other side. Most likely asleep.

Frank must have realized that I was curious on how this worked, as he let out a sigh, shifting up to kiss my cheek. "I wouldn't let you become a monster," he mumbled in my ear, as he pulled away from my face. "I bit you, but didn't inject venom into you. If I had wanted to, I could have, but I didn't. I was hurt," he looked away, "when we suffer severe injuries, we start to get hungry, because feeding can ease the pain a little, and make it easier to recover... I was already hungry before that, so..." seeing a look of hurt in his eyes, I shifted a little, pressing closer against him, "so... I couldn't h-help it when you were so close... so warm..." he shivered slightly at the thought. I suppressed my own shiver at the thought of him drinking my blood. "Don't be mad..." his light hazel eyes were wide, as they looked back at me, searching my face for a response. "Or... afraid of me..."

Was he worried? Worried I'd be upset? Really, he looked like he was about to cry over it. "I'm not mad, Frank... and if I were afraid I'd be to the other side of the bus by now, screaming." I wasn't really sure if that was the right wording, but it was close enough for what I could think of.

"Frank was crying earlier," a voice popped into the air. "Bob and I came into his room probably seconds after he bit you," Mikey grunted a little, as the bed creaked. Looking over, I saw him propped up by his elbow. There was white bandaging around his head and arms. "He was biting you with tears streaking down his face. Bob started shouting, he let go, and just sobbed. Probably about fifteen minutes worth of sobbing and saying sorry. It was really pitiful to watch," he heaved himself off of his bed, his feet barely even making a sound as they touched the ground. "Then, he kept waking me up before you did asking if you were going to be scared or die. Gerard had to come in so that I could sleep," his eyes shifted to Frank, shooting a glare at him. "And now, I am going to see if there is anything good in the snack vendor because I want something sweet, and ache, and I deserve good human-like edible things... and..." his voice trailed off as he walked off the bus. I wondered if he continued his list of why he wanted food even after he was out of ear-shot.

My dream of Jamia came back to me. Was that why she had been asking me? If I accepted him, maybe she thought I wouldn't be upset for the fact that he dug his teeth into my neck. I guess he couldn't really help what he did. Looking at him, I rolled onto my side, and buried my head into his chest. "I'm not mad..." I repeated, his arm tightening around me a little, pulling me closer. "Give me a better warning if you plan to do that again, okay? I'd like a "I'm going to bite you now" so I expect passing out," I smiled faintly, pulling back from him. He was still too cold to be close to for extended periods of time.

He nodded a little, managing a weak smile. He thought he was a monster. Is that why he didn't turn me into a vampire? Surely it was. Otherwise, he'd still be with Jamia.

"Where are we, anyways? Where are we going?" I took a glance out a nearby window.

"We're someplace on our way to New Jersey," Gerard responded, as he stepped back onto the bus. Taking a glance at Frank, his eyes seemed to light up, but then again looked worried.

The vampires stared at one another for several minutes before Frank spoke up. "But it isn't safe there. They're there. They found us half way across the continent. I don't think it will be too hard for them to find us where it all happened..." I shifted. Was 'they' the people from earlier? Or somebody else?

"It'll take them a while," Gerard shrugged, laying down on the mattress that he had been sitting on earlier. "Once they find out our trial leads to a pile of ashes that was once called a house, they'll realize that we're gone. Once they get near Jersey, we'll have to find someplace else, but we've only got three places, and I'm not going to Oregon. They know where that house is, if it's still standing..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe... Yeah, not how all of you had wanted... buuut, I thought it'd be easiest for me to work with the story with Jade as... well... Jade at this point in time.