Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Home

So... this was New Jersey. I suppose... it didn't seem too bad. "So... this is your house?" I murmered. Jersey was a long ways away from where I had lived. Maybe I would never see my family again. The thought made me remember how much I missed my friends and family, and I couldn't help but suppress the idea of crying.

Frank gave me a hug, "yeah. We should be safe here for a while." That brought me back to remembering "they," and I remembered to ask him later about them.

"Well, we may as well go inside," Gerard pulled a cigarrette out of his pocket, and lit it. After a few seconds passed, he walked forward, and grabbed onto the handle of the door, pausing for a second, "...I don't think they ever came inside when we left," he shrugged, shoving a key in the lock, and twisting the doorknob. After a small popping sound, the door creaked open, and everyone began to walk in, Frank leading me into the house.

It wasn't much different from their other house, by decoration means. The only difference I saw was that this room was the living room, which the backdoor at the other house came from the kitchen.

"Our room is... this way!" Frank hopped towards a room that came off of the living room. He opened it to reveal an unusually large bed and a dresser. It was fairly blank, but he was proud of it. "Sorry you'll have to share a bed with me again, tonight," he shrugged, not seeming really sorry about it. "If you want, I suppose I can get a smaller bed and buy you one too..." he sounded pouty about it.

I sighed, shaking my head a little, "that's alright, Frank. We'll talk about it later." He nodded, seeming pleased, and made his way back into the living room, where Ray was sniffing around a little, and sat down.

"They haven't even come in here!" he informed us. He seemed unusually surprised about this.

Frank smiled and whispered in my ear, "Ray's got one of the best noses for picking up scents around. He could probably follow someone for a week, even if it rained and messed with the smells."

That was a creepy thought. If I ran away, he'd still find me.

"So," I finally decided, with everyone in the same room, "you said you were going to tell me about, "they" so, I want to know."

Gerard looked at us, and sighed, "I'm going to go check on my room," he informed us, walking down a starcase near the entrance to another room.

Frank nodded a little, and Bob looked over me, before watching Mikey and Ray leave the room after Gerard.

"Well..." Frank looked at Bob seriously. I think they finally knew that they couldn't avoid it. "They're a group of vampires."

"Like you?" I shifted. Really, once you got used to the five, they weren't too scarey. Something told me that if they wanted to be, they could be truley terrifying.

For some reason, I could never think of Frank or Gerard as terrifying people.

Bob shook his head, sitting in a chair across the room, "no, they're in it for power. And Li-" he paused, and I could see Frank shaking his head out of the corner of my eye, "the leader of them..." he corrected himself, "wants us dead."