Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Girlfriends

"Sounds like a gang of vampires wanting drug money," I shifted a little, thinking about it. One could only wonder what they would want from the vampires. If it was a monetary issue, the group seemed to have plenty.

Frank managed a small smile at this, "if only. It's a little more complicated than that."

"So then explain," I looked at Frank seriously. I had every right to know why bloodsucking creatures of the night were after them.

Bob shook his head, "they just want to kill us."

"Psycho Bitch is actually the one that wants to," Frank muttered. "It's kind of sad, really. She was so nice one day then bam! She's sending an army of underlings after you while setting your house on fire!" At this, I gave him a questioning look, "I'm serious! She's crazy now! We thought she was normal, then she was trying to kill us the next week with a group of underlings that we didn't even realize she had time to get!"

The other man shifted, "that's actually pretty much what happened. Who would have thought that two "trips to the store" for a few hours would result in about a hundred little red-eyed minions?" To this, Frank shrugged.

I cringed at the thought, and my dream slowly came back to me about Frank and Gerard yelling about the fire. Finally, I decided that later, I would have to tell Frank about my dreams. "Bob, whatever happened to Turtle?" I looked at him curiously.

He smiled at me, "he's in..." he dug into his jacket, and I noticed a decent sized bag. Upon removing the bag, I saw a box with several holes poked into it, and he opened it, holding the box in one hand and reaching into it with his other, soon pulling out a small creature that bobbed it's head at me before slowly turning it's gaze to it's holder, "here!" he smiled still. "Thanks for reminding me, do you mind if I go put him away?" I nodded, and the blonde happily walked away, a bounce in his step.

Frank seemed fairly distant for a few minutes, before looking at me, "Frank, can we talk in your room? It's kind of personal," I murmered, motioning to the door. He nodded, standing up and we made our way in.

Taking a seat on his bed, I watched him shut the door and make his way towards me, "what is it?"

"I've been..." I thought of how to word it, "having wierd dreams lately..." His mouth opened to speak, but I interrupted him, "they aren't normal. I think that they have something to do with you guys."

Frank cocked his head, looking at me with a confused expression. "Jade, you aren't really making much sense. Dreams are dreams and nothing else."

"Jamia's in them," I stated clearly, and instantly his body grew ridgid. "I've been dreaming about her a lot. And Katie too," I murmered, he was about to speak when I continued, "I had a dream almost exactly like one of the videos in your basement. But one part was off," he looked at me, biting his lip, "in my dream, Bob left the room to figure out what you broke, and she stays in there, and when I get ready to speak, she said not to fall in love with a vampire because it would hurt more than their bite," he winced at this. "In the video.."

"She says she'll always be with him," Frank finished. His voice sounded thick, "I know. I saw it when you went through the movies. We didn't see that part of the video, though, until you looked through it.." he mumbled lowly.

I nodded, and continued, "in another, they were both there, but it was directed at me. There were two other shadows... but I couldn't see them before it got too dark.... Jamia told me to be careful...."

It seemed Frank put this in consideration, and seemed to lip the words.

"I was told to fear the kind I've come to accept, because you are all a special case and to be afraid of people with darker eyes," I shifted, and he stared at me. I noticed at once that ringing his irises was a light pink color, and every second or so, he sniffled.

He nodded a little, and pulled me into a hug, "dark eyes usually mean hunger. If you see their reflection or picture and their eyes are red, they're hungry as well," he whispered lowly, lightly pressing his lips onto my neck, and I felt a small pain. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, and I realized that it was where he had bitten me before. "I don't know what to think of your dreams," he mumbled after a moment, "they seem... unbelievable."

I sighed, knowing I shouldn't try to make him believe any further, "she knew... she was going to die," with these words, I felt his body tense. "She didn't want you to worry..." I felt like I couldn't just stop with that. "She told me... or the dog to take care of you. I don't really know... you couldn't hear me, but she looked at me when she spoke. It's like she knew I was there," I mumbled, feeling him pulling me closer. Now, I decided not to say anything further. He seemed to be uncomfortable, and I didn't blame him.

After a moment, I realized that I felt something wet drip onto my neck. "I had hoped she'd get better... y-..." he sniffled, "you know? I didn't want her to be sick... but she couldn't be a monster... after... after Alicia... I... I was so glad.... that I had never bitten her..." he pulled away and rubbed at his eyes for a moment.

It took me a moment to think about who Alicia was, then remembered her as the girl that was kissing Mikey. "What happened to her?"

There was silence for a moment, then Frank let out a loud sigh and a sniffle. "I don't know everything exactly... I walked in after it was... too late..." he paused every few words, "she wanted to be turned... and so Mikey thought he could do it," Frank rubbed his eyes again, "oh, how wrong he was..." he mumbled, "from what he said, halfway through, he injected the venom and tried to stop... and I heard crying and a screech... so.." the man looked away from me, "I tried to find out what was happening, but he locked the door to his room...." I watched him bite his lip, sorting out everything, "I ended up kicking down the door to find the floor bloody along with both of them. Mikey was sobbing so hard... but... just wouldn't let go of her... I had to get Gerard to help me... and by time I got him and we got him to let go..." a shiver ran down my spine, "she wouldn't move."

"He.. drank all of her blood?" I choked.

"Not.. all of it..." Frank mumbled, "a lot, though... by time he stopped drinking it... oh god... it was terrible... she was still alive!" he squeaked out, "we thought she was dead, but when Mikey moved, she gagged, and began spitting up blood... we tried... really hard.. we really did, but she wouldn't stop... she began to jerk around and was choking on her own blood and tried to scream... so... Mikey... had to..." he stopped, his eyes shifting over me, to stare at my neck. "...He drank enough to make her stop... but later, he ended up vomitting part of it..." he reached out, lightly running his hand over the small holes in my neck. "...It was terrible... I never want to see it happen again... he couldn't stop... and her eyes... god... it seemed like blood was coming from everywhere..." he shivered, "her eyes rolled in the back of her head and were so red..." he shut his eyes, shaking his head. "Mikey almost killed himself because of it..." his eyes slowly opened, "he wouldn't eat. He couldn't eat. If he tried... he would have to rush to the bathroom... because it would make him think of her..."

The story wasn't exactly what I thought it would be, and caused a chill to run down my back. Especially with a vampire running his hand over the bitemarks he caused on my neck. Mikey had killed his love by accident.

"I'll never do that to you..." my thoughts were interrupted by the man. "I'll never bite you again..." he insisted.

I nodded, "I trust you, Frank," I murmered.

"We all... suffered... when we became vampires... we all lost what we never hoped to..." he murmered. "We got what we deserved for our immortality, I suppose..." he seemed to grow more quiet by the second, "some... seemed to be more... that what it was worth... but the one that introduced it to us... probably suffers the most."

It was obvious that he was hurting from this conversation. If I could turn back time, I would have avoided it. Since it had already started, I decided to continue it. "In one of my dreams, there were four people there... who was the last one?"

"Thinking about it... she would probably be Christa..." Frank thought for a moment. He looked really upset about everything, "she died... shortly before Alicia... I suppose that her death was the reason that Mikey was so eager to turn Alicia into a vampire."

I tilted my head to the side a little. Why would she have made Mikey rushed to turn someone?

Frank seemed to read my mind, "you see... that group we talked about earlier... really hates us..." he bit his lip again, making it turn a deep red, "...and Christa didn't take the news of Ray turning into a vampire so well..." he thought, "she stayed with us for... maybe two weeks after finding out, then left. She left a note saying that she tried, but just couldn't handle being with a vampire, so she was going to leave and tell our secret so she wouldn't get hurt by Ray when he realized she was gone," his eyes seemed focussed on my neck still. "We got a note a few days later. Psycho's smell was all over it, and it stated that she had Christa. Once we realized Ray was gone, we went to find him..." he paused, pulling me onto his lap and wrapping his arms around me tightly, as if trying to protect me. "Vampires are cruel to those they want to hurt... Ray saw her die... and couldn't stop it... so much blood..." I could hear his voice crack. It was hurting him to tell the stories. Was he reliving the days that they died? "We barely got him out alive... so many vampires..."

He rested his head gently against mine, "promise me... that you won't ever run away... don't let me lose you..." he mumbled.

I nodded a little, "I promise," I murmered. Surely by now, people had been looking for me. It was easy to figure that they'd give up before finding me. I wasn't even in the state.

"Good, because I'm possitive... they'll come looking for you."