Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Vampire

"Pet?" I muttered, staring at the group. I wasn't a pet. I was a person, like them. There was no way I'd be someone's pet. As I got ready to rise to my feet, I felt a quick jerk on my wrist, that forced me back onto the couch.

"Yeah, pet. You're ours," Gerard spoke up. "You're living here, under our roof and rules from now on."

"Why should I?" my body shifted uncomfortably. I didn't want to reside with these idiots. They were strange, and had been talking about eating me! That didn't sound like fun! I didn't want to live with cannibals. There was no way they'd get me to eat another person. I'd eat my own foot before eating another human.

Finally, Mikey spoke more than just a few words. This time, directed at me. "Because otherwise, we're going to kill you. It will hurt, and we won't just kill you with a simple bullet or blade. We'd use fangs. You'll die of loss of blood," he finished.

"Fangs? What the hell?" I mumbled, barely audible. It seemed obvious that Frank had heard it, though, as a smile was on his face, revealing his teeth. It confused me that he was smiling like that. There was nothing interesting happening.

"Yeah... we're vampires he spoke lowly, pressing his face close to mine, so that he could whisper in my ear. It felt more like he just wanted to breathe down my neck to make me even more uncomfortable.

Vampires? That had to be the most idiotic thing I had heard in years! "So you play vampire, and draw blood from people, so you can drink it, then vomit it up later seeing as you aren't supposed to drink it?" I muttered, pulling away from Frank again, to find myself at the end of the couch.

"No. We're the real kind. If you don't believe us, try to walk out that door alive," Mikey insisted, as I eyed him. For some reason, I couldn't help but get this feeling that they were actually telling the truth. Especially from the earlier comments, and that Frank's skin felt as cold as a corpse probably would.

After a short pause, I let out a faint sigh, "then get me a different place to sleep, because I don't want to sleep in the same bed as a guy. Especially if you drink blood," I muttered, crossing my arms. My head was finally beginning to throb from the hangover I had. I guess that with all the things going on, I must not have realized I had one. Probably since I was used to getting one every day or two. Now that my mind seemed to settle out of all of the panic, I had time to realize that my head felt like somebody was beating me with something. "No chance you would have aspirin, is there?"

"I'll take you to get a bed tomorrow..." Bob spoke up, "I need to eat something first... so tonight isn't going to work..." he added, before walking off to another room, holding the turtle still. It seemed he wasn't going to answer my question about the aspirin.

"So... who's giving their bed up?" Ray looked at the remaining people. Mikey and Frank both shook their heads. I didn't really blame them. I wouldn't want to give up my bed either.

Gerard took a glance at the two, and began to think. "Frank's bed already smells like her. You're going to deal with her. She can't sleep on the couch, or she might think she can get out while we're... 'asleep'..." he decided.

"I'm not giving up my bed," Frank insisted. "She'll have to sleep with me, because there's no way I'm sleeping on this couch again," he practically growled out. At this, Gerard merely nodded. Didn't he have any idea that having somebody who's been wanting to kill me sleeping in the same bed was a terrible idea. I knew that I didn't have a say in it, however.

As the conversation seemed to end, Bob made his way back into the room. Replacing the turtle that had once been in his hands was a glass full of water, and a small pill, which he offered to me, "here."

Taking the glass, I nodded a little, before popping the pill into my mouth, and washing it down my throat with a swift drink of water, nodding my thanks to the blonde.

As this happened, it seemed the meeting ended, and Ray left to room, wandering past the stairs, before I heard a door close. Gerard whispered something in Bob's ear, who nodded in response, before walking away. Bob followed, explaining simply with one word. "Food."

Now all that was left was Mikey and Frank, who just seemed to be staring at each other. I didn't really know why. It wasn't like they had been in a fight.

"You haven't had to watch someone since..." Mikey started, then paused. It seemed like he realized he was saying something he shouldn't have been. I didn't really understand.

"Her..." Frank finished, his word just seemed like it was dripping acid.