Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Flight

This woman sent an immediate sensation to flee through my veins. Before she could even say that sentence. It seemed to worsen when I realized she knew my name.

How long had she known it?

"Do you know who I am?" the woman took a graceful step forward - almost as if she was walking upon nothing but air. No - floating. Her short skirt fluttered with her steps, and her black pigtails shifted, one slipping off of her shoulder. Her crimson smile seemed to grow, revealing her pearl-white teeth, that gleamed like that of a hungry wolf's.

This though made my thoughts whirl, and dizziness overcome me.

Hungry.

She was hungry.

It seemed the mysterious woman interpreted my silence, "no? Well... I know you've heard of me. That's unimportant at this moment. I have an offer to make you..." her lips puckered, in a pouting manner. I feared this was the look she used to lure poor drunken men away from their cars or bars at night. It made me take a step back.

"Frankie?" I heard myself squeak, knowing that he wouldn't hear me. Or maybe he would, but just wouldn't come to help. "Bob? Mikey?" I didn't care who would come - just somebody. Somebody to protect me. Even the man from the park - or the woman he left to talk to.

Or had they been in on it?

Was this all for fun? A sick way to have fun with me?

Was Frank in on it? Gerard? Ray? Was all of this staged just to have a little fun before killing me?

"Now, now, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you," I heard her hiss something at the end of the sentence, however, it was inaudible to me. "I know how you can get to see your Frankie again," she visibly twitched in disgust at using the nickname for him. "But you'll have to come with me for it.."

That sentence made my panic worsen. I didn't want to go with her. Trusting her would be a bad idea. I didn't want to ever trust another vampire.

Especially not a red-eyed one.

Or did I?

Part of my mind told me to go with her - just to see another glimpse of Frank. Really, I realized that I had no life I was missing out on. All I was back home was, "Jade, the druggie," or "That Girl." I was nobody special. It wouldn't matter much what happened to me after I got to see Frank. Just to see him again would be enough.

And now, I finally thought I could feel the long-overdue withdrawal from lacking drugs. I couldn't breathe, my body was shaking, I could feel myself beginning to sweat, and my stomach was flipping, as if it were trying to punch itself. Oh god, it was starting to hurt. Then, to add into it, the world spun as if acting upon my mind's stability - shifting like a dance, side, to side, to side, to side.

The vampire took advantage of my pondering. By the time I came back to reality, she was only a foot away. Her bright eyes glinted off of a street lamp along made me capable of feeling my heart threatening to break out of my chest.

I jerked, moving a few steps back, "I don't think so. I'll think about it, okay? I'll just... I'll... Maybe. Maybe later. I have to go. Frank... Later. Maybe.. no. Sometime. Not now," I took a few more steps backward, realizing my sentences were beginning to lose sense.

With her next step forward, I took two back. Then felt myself thud against a cold surface. A wall? "When did a wall...?"

I turned to see that it was definitely not a wall that I had bumped into.

It was a vampire.

And not just any vampire.

"Jakob?" I heard my voice squeak, and a smile ripped across his face.

"Good, you remember," the vampire chuckled, gripping my arms tightly with his large hands. I thought my bones were going to snap. "You know, I've been waiting months to get to see you again. I think that today, you should be the rat..."

To this, the woman smiled, her bright red, full lips pressing together, though the wicked smile lingered far after her teeth vanished.

"And this time," the man's voice seemed to drip an invisible venom, "I'll be the cat."