Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Attacker

I felt a stone-hard fist push itself into my stomach, and my stomach seemed to lose the fight against itself, as I felt it lurch, and could taste the vomit rising from it. My mind told me to run, to kick and scream and lash at my captor, but knew it would be ineffective.

Regardless, I did it anyway.

Scratching, and kicking my legs all around, I attempted to scream for help, but found my body flung onto the ground. The second it was, I tried to stand up, but felt a shoe drive itself into my side, pushing any air that I had out of me, and rolling me over. "F--" I tried to cry out, however the shoe found me again, turning it into a small screech, and gasping.

My body shook violently, and everything ached. It felt like somebody had thrown bricks at my stomach, side, and chest. I couldn't breathe. And now the brick rested upon my stomach. I couldn't move - or breathe.

I couldn't breathe. No matter how hard I tried, the air wouldn't return to my lungs.

"Get off of her," the woman spat, and Jakob pulled his foot back, lifting me off the ground.

My head was spinning, and the scenery around me was fading. "Fr..." I gasped, "..ankie..." now, I searched for air again, giving up, and allowing the blackness to overcome me, just as I heard a new snarl roar into the air.

________________________________ ~*~*~

My body throbbed, as I felt my fingers twitch. Even the slight twitch sent pain up to my elbows, then seemed to trace it's way back down to my joints. I could hear my groaning, but didn't even realize that I was doing it. Was my hand broken?

No. Maybe a finger?

I didn't know. I'd long forgotten what broken bones felt like.

It took me a while to finally move any more, opening my eyes, in attempts to get a good look at the damage my hand had. But... I realized that I couldn't see it.

Was I blind?

Something told me that I wasn't blind. But the possibility wasn't too low. After all, I live in a world with red eyed bloodsuckers, hunters of such, and an old turtle that knows how to fetch.

What would be too off about me being blind so easily?

After a while of testing my aching limbs, I found my way onto my knees, as the pain in my stomach continued to tear itself through my body. Taking a deep breath, I forced myself up onto my feet, finding neither of my legs seeming to be too hurt. Though, it made sense with that I only remembered being thrown to the ground and kicked in the sides. I could only assume that my hand had moved to try to protect myself from the kicking, and got smashed in the process.

"Be careful," Jamia whispered in my ear, having perhaps traveled out of my dreams and into my mind while I held consciousness.

Wow, to make things worse, I was hallucinating about a dead girl talking to me now. What a brilliant day this happened to be.

Yes. Frank would definitely want me now that his deceased wife was in my head.

My dream from two nights before I lost Frank flickered through my mind. A black room with a locked door.

Was the door locked?

Slowly, I made my way toward the door, but it swung open, with the red eyed woman with pigtails staring at me. Her eyes gleaming even in the dark room. "You're awake?" she almost seemed to pout. "I would consider yourself lucky that I called Jakob off when I had. Otherwise you'd have broken a few ribs," she smirked. "Now... do you have any questions before I begin with my... fun?"

"Who are you?" I rasped, realizing that my throat was dry, and hurt. To this, she shrugged and her smirk turned into more of a malicious grin.

"Just someone who wants to play," with the last word still lingering in the air, wind rushed around me in the blank room, as the woman appeared only inches from my face, "try to make this a little fun. I want to enjoy your blood painting these walls. How else am I to provoke your vampires into coming out again?" her hand rose, digging her nails into my throat, though they were short as if recently cut.

I couldn't react, however. How could I? A vampire was far stronger and faster than me. Not to forget the immortal part. Who could forget that? The best I could think of was to just... not move.

This made her grin reverse, a growl emitting from her throat, "because of you, one of my pets has a few broken bones."

Jakob?

Before I could question it, or cry out, I felt my body fly back into a wall.

That was not how I expected to learn to fly.

How could I have caused someone's bones to break?

A vampire's, none the less?

"If you wouldn't have screamed, you little dirty creature..." I felt raking against my skin. Were her nails doing this? It hurt.

I could feel my skin pulling away from the blade-like, short nails, leaving trails of blood torn through the back of my shirt. I bit my lip, holding in any scream that could agitate my attacker.

"Do you have anything to say?" she pat, pulling away from me.

Hot tears threatened to stream down my face, as I began gagging and coughing. There wasn't enough air in this room. No, it didn't feel like there was enough air in the world to please my lungs.

"Why?" I rasped, wishing strongly to reach to my back and check the stinging flesh, and flowing liquid smearing it.

The woman shifted, playing with the liquid on her fingers, seeming to eye it.

"Because I want my revenge,"she shrugged, pressing her foot under my body, resting beneath my stomach, and lifting it up, to force me onto my back. The cold floor stung the cuts, making me wince. "I was tricked into immortality, and I want revenge. I want to hurt those who helped make it happen," I could hear the growl rise in her throat, as she lowered her face to be near mine. "And you're the last one that's capable of pulling them out of hiding."

Tears finally rolled down my cheeks, as I tried to look away from her. "Nobody cares enough to look for me," I struggled with my words, trying to avoid my voice quivering, and catch enough air to fill my lungs.

Still, the air wasn't enough. It was never enough.

The blood-covered fingers on the woman ran across my arm, gently at first, stopping at my wrist. "Oh, did they really make you believe that?" the smile returned to her face, her fingers lacing themselves around my wrist, "did they?"

Was this a bad dream? People always said that you couldn't feel pain in your dreams, but I begged to differ. I'd felt pain before. Nothing like this. But plenty of pain.

Her grip tightened, cutting off blood to my hand for a few moments, before releasing her grip, and digging her nails into the soft flesh of my arm. What I'd do to have her skin at the moment. "You stupid little girl," she chuckled, and scratched up my arm, the skin once again cowering away from her nails. "Scream," she hissed.

Of course, all I could do was screech a little, my sore throat not allowing the loud sound that would have otherwise emitted.

Though, maybe that was all it took.

Only moments after, I heard footsteps echoing outside of the room. A panicked, bright red eyed woman appeared in the doorway, blocking part of the light filtering into the room, "they're coming!" she stopped, examining the scene, and began to breathe heavily, her long - what appeared to be white - lab coat-like dress flowing around her body. "My god..." she hissed lowly, covering her mouth, and rushing out of my view.

They?

The woman shifted, rising, her grin obvious. "Good," she mumbled, staring at me, before a thud echoed throughout the room - perhaps from the hallway?

An unbearably loud snarl ripped through the air again - similar to what I had heard before losing consciousness - and the woman shifted, making her way to the door.

"You've served your purpose," she mumbled, "I'll be back soon," before leaving the room, slamming the door shut, and locking out most of the snarls that rose into the air.