Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Sleep

Her... The word just seemed to echo through my mind. I had no clue who 'they' were or who 'her' was. Really, seeing as I now lived with them, they could at least tell me what the unidentifying words meant! I mean, really, they couldn't at least place names with them? A simple 'Fred' or 'Julie' would suffice! I didn't care, as long as it wasn't 'her' and 'they'!

"Jade..." Frank yawned faintly. It was barely noticeable. "Unlike you, we've been up half of the day and all last night. Though we don't need sleep, resting is good. I want to go to bed now," he rose to his feet, one of his hands still wrapped around my small wrist. "So you have to come too," he nodded at Mikey, as if dismissing himself, and pulled me up to my feet, however, I dropped back down.

With a small pouting look, I shook my head, "I don't want to! I only got up a couple hours ago!" I complained. Really, I would be stiff tomorrow if I slept through the rest of the day. Suddenly, I felt my body lift off the couch, and my feet were no longer touching the ground, as I found myself in Frank's arms, being carried towards the stairs.

He had picked me up as if I were a book! "Well, if you won't walk up the stairs, I'll carry you upstairs," he mumbled lowly. "Stupid human," I could hear him grumbled under his breath, as we reached the stairs.

I almost yelled at him for the comment, but didn't want to be dropped. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms tightly around my neck, don't drop me, don't drop me. Don't fucking drop me. Let me down! I don't like to be off the ground unless I'm at an amusement park! thoughts and fears rose up, as he began up the stairs, thinking that any second, he'd get tired of holding onto me, and release me, to fall down the stairs, and get injured.

Finally, we reached the top, and I let out a faint sigh of relief, as he looked down at me. A faint smirk was tracing his lips. The kind of smirk that just pissed me off by looking at it. "Why were you so afraid? You didn't think I would drop you, did you?" his voice teased, making my eye twitch, and anger rise in my heart.

"Fuck you," I spat. This time, it wasn't literal, however. Though I wish I could have. The fear of being killed refrained me from actually doing so.

"I bet you'd love to, but I'm going to have to say no. Gerard wouldn't be very happy if I did..." Frank shook his head, as he allowed my feet to touch the ground, and slip out of his arms. I heard the door close behind him, and lock, which was probably the reason he let me down. "Don't try to get out. Like I said, none of us have to sleep. We want to. This means we're light sleepers. If I hear you so much as touch that doorknob, I'm going to kill you where you stand."

With that, I nodded, and watched him rummage through a dresser on the other side of the room, pulling out a baggy shirt with a band logo on it, and black pajama pants, before throwing them at me. "I'm not going to change with you in here," I insisted.

"Well, I'm not going to look at you!" Frank spun around, with a stunned look on his face. "Do you want to sleep in something comfortable? I'm giving you some of my clothes! Mine! Be grateful! Take the damn clothes, and put them on! I don't want to smell the filthy things you're wearing right now!" he seemed a little flustered, before spinning back around to his dresser, mumbling about something that I couldn't understand.

"If you do, I'm going to stab you in your eyes..." I practically hissed at him, snatching a blanket off the bed, and wrapping it around myself, just to be safe, as I changed. The clothes fit really well, other than the shirt being slightly over-sized, but that just made them feel more like my pajamas at home. More than that, they were really comfortable. Probably because I liked to wear boys clothing. I turned around, tossing the blanket onto the bed, and held tightly onto my clothes from the night before. Frank had already put on a pair of dark green pajama pants, and was closing his dresser when I spoke up. "You aren't wearing a shirt."

"So?" He glanced over his shoulder, to stare at me, "just because you have to stay in my room doesn't mean I have to put on a shirt to sleep. The bed's big enough that I won't infect you with anything, or vice-versa, so don't whine!" he stuck out his tongue, in a childish manner, before making his way towards me. This was the first time I realized that his body was covered in tattoos. He had a sleeve on his arm, and Halloween printed on his fingers, along with a tattoo that said 'hope' on it, and a portion of one on his stomach. "I'll take those," he mumbled, grabbing my dirty clothes out of my hand, and tossing them into a basket in a corner, that was almost full of other clothing.

A shiver ran down my spine at the thought of sleeping in the same bed as a vampire. Mainly because he could bite me in the middle of the night, and kill me without anyone stopping him. Especially with the door locked. Only moments later, a new chill, from the cold, found it's way down my spine.

"Aw, is Jade afraid to sleep with the dead?" a voice teased, as I felt cold arms wrap around my stomach, and a body pressed tightly against my back. "Mikey and I have the most control, believe it or not. I'm not going to bite you without one of two things. A reason, or Gerard's permission," he spoke, while moving his legs foreword, forcing mine to move along, to the other side of the bed. Finally, a warmth filled my body as he let go. Thank god he did, or I might have frozen to death. "This is your side of the bed. Keep to it," he added, before walking back to the other side of the bed, and pulling up the covers, to crawl beneath them, staring at me, almost as if he half expected me to try to kill him.

I could feel my throat constrict at his words, and shifted to crawl under the covers, burying myself beneath them, in attempts to keep warm, and hide from my new life. It seemed like only moments later, I was asleep.

Things were cold again. Very... cold. Like a corpse would be, if it had been out in the snow for a few minutes. I didn't really know how that would feel, but I could very well imagine it. It wasn't pleasant at all. I didn't like it. I needed to find a blanket...

Searching around, I realized I was already under the blankets, and was unusually close to a frozen body. At first, a panic began to course through my veins, not remembering where I was. Had someone died in my bed? Oh god... somebody died... and they're dead right there! Hearing a faint mumble, I came to realize that I was in Frank's room, in his bed... sleeping alongside him.

"Ja..." was the only thing I heard, as I poked my head out from the covers, trying to figure out why I was so cold. I soon found that Frank's arms were wrapped delicately around me, almost as if I were a pillow, or possibly something fragile. Well... compared to him, I probably was fragile. Very much so.

I started to move back, to remove myself from his arms, when I heard him whine a little, and looked up at his face, to see it twist into a sorrowful expression. His arms seemed to tighten a little around me, and I could feel my entire body tense, as I became confused. Was he dreaming? Was he even asleep? Could he dream?

"Ja-..." he whined again, shifting around, seeming unsettled. "Jamia..." I heard him groan faintly, as if he were in pain. Through the dark, it was difficult to see, but I could tell he was really upset about whoever he was talking about. Was Jamia the 'her' that was referred to earlier? Or was it just someone that he knew at one time? "I-I...Miss..." he began to whimper, and shift around, as if he were uncomfortable, "don't go..." his voice choked out. It sounded slightly slurred, which I was almost positive meant that he had pressed passed his dream, and was back to resting.

"Uhm..." I spoke, barely audible, pressing my hand lightly to his cool face, "it...it's okay?" I tried to calm down his dreams. I didn't know why. Nor did I really know how. It just seemed like the right thing to do. I felt really bad, from how he was acting, and it just seemed like I was looking at a little kid, who was having a dream about their puppy that had ran away. After the times I had babysat for my aunt, I learned that talking to them soothingly was the easiest way to calm them.

At this point, I decided it was best to just go back to sleep, rather than pull further away, and risk waking him up. Wrapping myself up, tightly, in the blankets, I shut my eyes again. Tomorrow, I'd ask Bob about 'her' when we went to get a bed.