Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Her.

I could see Bob's grip tighten on the steering wheel when he heard my question. His face suddenly became serious. "Where did you hear that name?" he questioned stiffly.

"Frank walk talking about her in his sleep," I began to twiddle my thumbs, having a feeling that I shouldn't have asked that question. I felt the car moving, and realized that we were now leaving the parking lot, which seconds ago, looked like it wouldn't be moving for a long time. Taking a look at Bob, I realized he didn't look as tense as he had before I answered him.

"She was..." Bob became silent for a few minutes, "...I shouldn't tell you about her. Ask Frank," he shook his head. Why couldn't he tell me? It was best just to leave it, I decided, seeing as it probably wouldn't be a good idea to piss of a vampire.

"Alright..." I nodded a little, "do you want me to hang out with you and your turtle later?" Surely that would make him a little more pleasant. Turtles seemed to interest him a lot. It was kind of weird, but at least he was happy about it.

I guess it worked a little, because a faint, almost unnoticeable smile managed to twitch at his lips. "Yeah... Turtle and I would like that..." he nodded some. I guess I had plans with him and his turtle later on. One could wonder what fun that could be.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet, save for occasional talking. When we finally got back to the house, I felt somewhat relieved, as I could hear four men talking in the living room, and the familiar scents of the house filled the air. It was slightly musty, but something was mixed into it that was actually really relaxing. I would say lavender, but I knew it wasn't that.

I made my way into the room, where the four turned to glance at me, before Gerard made his way over. He put one arm around me, and led me towards the group. "Jade," he smiled. His teeth were off-white, yet the smile seemed perfect. Actually, all of their smiles looked perfect. It bothered me. "We cleaned out the room attached to Frank's, and it'll fit a bed. The only way out is through his bedroom, so we think it's safe to say you won't get out..." he spoke almost like a child. Not like he were speaking to one, but as if he were actually one.

"I thought I had to stay in one of your rooms..." I murmured. Actually, this was great. I would get my own room. Even if it was attached to someone else's, it still gave me privacy.

"That's because we filled that room with some of our old stuff... but we made room for it all in a different storage room... so you can sleep there. Unless... you don't want to?" Mikey chimed in, looking at me curiously. He didn't really talk to me much, other than explaining things, I noticed. That kind of bothered me.

"I'll take the room," I spoke quickly, and looked at Ray. He didn't seem like he liked talking to me. I wasn't sure if he was shy, or mean, but there was surely a reason behind it.

After that, it took a short while for the bed to be set up, before all my clothing was brought to the room. That left me and Mikey to put away food, in the dusty cupboards of the house. It was kind of surprising to see that they had a working refrigerator, and stove. "It makes the place feel more like a home," Mikey explained, putting away a box of cereal.

It wasn't long until everything was put away, and we watched the horror movie on the tv in the living room. Gerard seemed most interested, while Ray kept taking glances away, almost as if he were afraid. I didn't know the name of the movie, but it had something to do with killer zombies. The majority of the time I wasn't afraid, but it was really gorey. In all honesty, I didn't care too much to see someones heart being pulled out of them. Nor anything else that happened like it. I could hear Frank chuckle, when I hid my face behind his arm. It was an awful scene that wouldn't switch to a different one. It was like the zombie was dissecting a human! I didn't like it!

"It's over," he whispered quietly, after the screaming had stopped, making me look back to the screen. Surprisingly, he wasn't lying. I figured he would have, just to see my face become more pale than his own. It wasn't long until the show was over, and there was a not-so-happy ending. I found that rare in horrors, but I preferred lesserly happy endings.

Everyone went to their rooms after that, and I followed Frank up to his bedroom, where he pointed at the door to my room. I nodded a little, and made my way towards the door, but stopped, remembering my question from earlier.

"Frank?" I turned to look at him.

"Hm?" was his only response. He was on the other side of the room, digging through his dresser.

It took me a few minutes to decide whether I really wanted to ask him, or not. I didn't want him to be sad, or mad, or laugh at me for asking a stupid question. "W-Who's Jamia?"

It seemed like a second had passed, and the wind was knocked out of my lungs. Frank was no longer on the opposite side of the room, and he was holding me against the wall, with a slightly pissed off look in his eyes. "What was that?"

I could feel my entire body shaking at his reaction. Really, I never would have expected him to react that way. If I had, I wouldn't have asked. "I-I just heard you talking about her last night! I didn't think... I didn't know you'd get mad!" I managed out. Really, the look in his eyes was terrifying. He looked like he wanted to rip me to pieces.

Soon, I felt his grip lighten, and a faint sigh escape his lips. His expression changed from looking mad, to one of frustration. He lightly bit his lip, and turned away. Without him holding me up, I found myself slipping onto the floor, too shaken to get up immediately after.

He made his way to his bed, before sitting down with a huff. "She... she was my fiancee."

"Was?" I managed out. I couldn't really think straight. It bothered me.

"I've been alive for a long time..." his voice was lowering. Almost as if it were a whisper. "She-she knew that I was a vampire... I told her after I got bitten... and I thought she was going to leave me... but you know what? She hugged me. She fucking hugged me and said she never would! Then... as years passed... she didn't have a choice..." he was struggling over words, as if he couldn't think straight.

"She got really sick... I mean, she couldn't even get out of bed... and she was begging me, I remember her just begging me to turn her into a vampire. She didn't want to go... and I told her I wouldn't. She wouldn't like it... but... she continued asking... and I told her no... I didn't want to risk biting her... and accidentally killing her -- I-I can't always just stop..." he began shaking his head rapidly. "Then, one day, she didn't wake up... she just... didn't... and I thought she had been getting better! The day before, she had actually managed to sit up, and was talking about how well she felt! She said she couldn't wait to be able to go outside again..." at that point, I could see he was trembling. His hands were covering his eyes, and his entire body was shaking. I couldn't believe how it was affecting him. "And... she didn't get the chance... she wouldn't let me take her to the hospital... and I-I don't know what happened... she was just gone... like that. As if she hadn't even had a chance to live. I s-still think of if I would have just bit her. Just fucking bit her, I might still have her here today!" he choked on his words, and everything that came out of his mouth after that wasn't understandable. It was as if everything was joined together, and mixing up.

"C-Calm down..." I managed out. Really, he looked like shit now. I didn't think vampires could cry, either, but the floor was beginning to dampen beneath him, and a soft tap could be heard every few minutes from the sound of water dripping off of his face. Finally, I rose to my feet, though my legs shook a little. I wasn't sure if he would pull one of those spazzy 'throw me into the wall' things again, but as I got closer, he didn't. He was just whimpering, and rambling on about the girl. It was strange, just hearing everything pouring out of his mouth, all of the things he hadn't gotten to say to her before she had died.

"It still hurts. I don't have a humans heart, but it hurts!" I heard him hiss out, as one of his hangs lowered from his face, to clutch his shirt. "She's been gone for years... so many years..." his voice seemed to quiet down, as I took a seat next to him, and lightly rubbed his back with one of my hands. His quivering stopped, but I could still hear him rambling away about her. It seemed that his words had slowed down, to be understandable, as I heard him mutter, "I loved her..." before finally settling down.