Sequel: Forever, Your Dearest

What You Deserve

Conversation

Frank decided to excuse himself, and darted up the stairs before I could even realize he was gone. The only thing that notified me that he had gone to his room was the sudden warm air that wrapped around me, and a thud from his foot hitting a loose step on the stairs. Not to forget the sound of said step thudding, and a cracking sound, followed by something tumbling down the stairs. I looked at Gerard with wide eyes, and he seemed to return my stare with a vacant look. Soon a voice sounded from where Frank's bedroom would be with an: "I'll fix it!"

"Frank's a spazzy fucker," I hear Gerard stifle a laugh, and shake his head, before taking another drink of coffee. I looked down to my coffee, moving my hand a little, causing the dark liquid to splash against the sides of the cup, making soft sounds. The matted haired man must've noticed I wasn't fully with him, as I heard his voice echo off the walls, "are you alright?"

Nodding, I took a sip of the bitter drink. I could never get used to black coffee. Never knew why, but every time I took a first drink of the stuff, it would give me a bitter shock, but it didn't mean I didn't like it. Perhaps it was an aquired taste. "Just thinking..." my voice trailed off. "...I wonder if Zach is trying to find me... and Em... we were supposed to go out tomorrow.." I shook my head.

"Em?" this seemed to interest Gerard. I don't know why. Maybe he was just curious of who I was talking about.

My lips pressed into a line for a moment, before I nodded. "Yeah, she's my younger sister, her twenty-third birthday is soon, so I was going to fly to her house, to spend some time with her..." my breathing seemed to stop for a moment, as I could feel Gerard's eyes piercing my mind, but I just looked down at my coffee, and took a drink of it.

"Where's she live?" my eyes flickered up to glare at his face. He seemed to have truly innocent intentions, however, I wasn't possitive.

Sighing, I figured there was no harm in telling him which state. "Ohio, where we were born, but I'm not going to tell a vampire what city my family resides in..." I quickly added, so he wouldn't get any ideas as to going to kill my family. For some reason, I expected him to say something kind of stupid, but instead, I heard him growl a little, and the familiar smell of smoke lifted through the air after a soft click.

My eyes lifted up, to stare at him, a cigarette now in his mouth, before he pulled it away from his lips, a small trail of smoke filtering from his barely parted lips, then his eyes met mine again. "We aren't monsters -- not all of us. Some are, but the residents of this house are not monsters. You may not think that way, but I sure as hell do." Something in his voice felt threatening, perhaps the growl that still lingered through the air.

At this, I couldn't help but stare at the tiled floor, watching an ant scurry acrossed the kitchen, until Gerard's shoe met it's small body, then removed itself from the crippled black creature, that could only muster a few twitches before it stopped moving. "Can I have that?" I held out my hand, after a quick motion towards the item in his.

For a moment, he just stared at me, taking a quick hit off of the item, before sighing, the smoke leaving his lips in the process, "sure... if you aren't afraid of monster germs," he grumbled, holding it out. Quickly, I took the cigarette out of his hand, and pulled it to my mouth, inhaling the scent, before offering it back to him. He took it, and managed the faintest smile, "you realize that, even though you can handle our scent, yours is a little more tempting to us, right?" his eyes scanned the cigarette, "it's on this," a smirk lit his face, as he brought it to his mouth, letting it rest in his lips.

Actually, I hadn't. Not until he mentioned it. "How long have you five been alive?" I murmered out my question, though refused to answer his, taking a drink of coffee. The sound of footsteps alerted me of another's presence in the room.

"Too long," was the only answer he gave me, as another cloud of smoke came from his lips. That was easily the reason why he had off-white teeth, rather than pearly white teeth one would imagine a vampire having, but, of course, the white teeth would have been stained with red. Like in the movies. I turned my head a little, to see a dark haired man staring at me contently. Mikey.

His eyes scanned over my face, before instantly darting to the coffee, as he uttered, "you drank my coffee," before grabbing his own cup, and pouring some of the remaining coffee into the imaged cup. "Amazing you haven't tried killing yourself yet," he eyed me again, taking several sips of his coffee, before every word.

I nodded a little, hearing the sound of another crack, and thud, this time followed by an even louder series of thuds. "I'm okay! I'll fix that too!" Frank's voice yelped from the staircase, "I didn't fall! I only stumbled down a bunch of steps! Good thing this wall stopped my fall!" he finished, before Gerard began laughing.