I Think About You Everyday

When You're Gone

Hannah’s POV

Ebony and I have been back at home for 3 months now. We’ve spent many days with our family and friends, we’ve had countless barbeques, a few water fights and many days out having “girl time”. We’ve also had “mummy time”, as in, having a look at stuff for Ebony’s baby, which by the way, was starting to show, but not much.

Speaking of which, Ebony still hasn’t told Tom he’s going to be a dad. I don’t think she ever will. She hasn’t spoken to him since their argument. She’s really taking it hard. But, I mean, who wouldn’t?

When we first arrived back in New York, Tom text Ebony at least 25 times a day, as well as calling her at least 10 times a day, but then it got less and less. He still texts her saying he’s sorry, or how much he misses her and how much he loves her, though. I feel bad for him. He fucked up big time, and no matter how much he apologises to Ebony, he’s not getting her back.

I talk to Georg everyday for up to an hour (less if he’s busy). He’d tell me how Tom was doing. And it’s not good. He mentioned how he was starting to eat less and sleep a lot less and that it was starting to show in the concerts, which Jost was going to have a word with him about.

I told Georg about how Ebony was. How she was pregnant with Tom’s baby (he promised not to tell Tom). How she too wasn’t sleeping or eating properly. I fear that she’s doing more than just that, but I know that she will deny anything. We may be best friends since forever, but there’s something’s she won’t want to tell me in fear that I will ditch her, which, by the way, I wouldn’t.

I often heard Ebony crying in her bedroom. I’d go in to see if she was okay, but she was always asleep. It hurt me to see my best friend crying in her sleep. It hurt me to see my best friend depressed all because of one idiotic boyfriend. It hurt me to see my best friend changing from the beautiful happy girl to a girl who’s eyes had no colour to them, who’s lips were all chapped and faded, who’s hair was knotted and lifeless. She wasn’t the same person, the light inside of her was dimming and that killed me.

My parents were away for the week on business trips and so it was just Ebony and I on our own. Ebony was acting more distant then before.

I heard the bathroom door shut as I placed our dinner on the plates, taking them upstairs.

“Ebony. Your dinner’s ready. It’s in your room if you want it,” I told her from my side of the door.

“Okay!... Ouch,” was her reply. She probably walked into the bath again.

“Are you okay?” I got no reply. All I heard was the closing of cabinet doors.

“Err. Yeah. Um. Could I have the first aid box please?” Even though she couldn’t see me, I nodded my head and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

“What did she do in there?” I muttered to myself as I got the first aid box out of one of the kitchen cupboards and taking it back upstairs to Ebony.

“Ebony? Do you need any help?” I asked her.

“No thank you,” she opened the door slightly and stuck her hand out, asking for the first aid box, which I gave her, my eyes trailing up her arm.

My eyes widened at the site of a blood running down her arm from a recently made cut.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title: avril lavigne - when you're gone
okay. because this chapter is so short, i'm going to write the next chapter up now (:
2 chapters left D:
and by the way. the baby bump showing up at 3 months? i got that fact off this girl from my school. she's pregnant and the bump started to show at 2 months (: