Status: Active

The Rumour

007; Where is your boy?

March 14th

Influenza. The bane of my existence in the winter.

I definitely classed March as winter, even though in Long beach in was always warm. Because March was around the time when I always came down with my annual bout of influenza. And I was always sick for a week, so it was never one of those stupid 24 hour things.

This was literally the worst time I could possibly be ill. It was the last day I could possibly see Oliver since he flies to Vancouver tonight for a week.

Not that we’d planned anything for today anyway, since he still wasn’t talking to me.

Between my hallucinations from being so ill, I wondered if Oliver had just been mysteriously disappearing because he was planning some sort of surprise. But that certainly didn’t explain when he was ignoring me that time at Owen’s when Ronnie was helping him with his music final. Yet, like Lindsay said, it just could have been exam stress.

Who knows, he’s a guy.

After wiping my nose for the 50th time that morning, I reached over to my bedside table for my cell phone, and dialled Oliver’s number, for the 150th time in 2 days.

To my happiness and surprise, it began to ring. Hallelujah! I celebrated by smiling for the first time in days and wiggling my legs in some sort of strange bed-dance.

”Hello?” Oliver answered, and I actually giggled with excitement in response.

“Oliver! Where the hell have you been?” I gushed, my sore voice croaking and my eyes streaming. That was the influenza, though.

“Busy at work,” He stated simple. It was all he needed to say.

“Okay awesome! I've missed you so much...” I gushed some more.

“Err, yeah. Hey, you don’t sound too good, are you sick? Do you want me to come see you?” My empty stomach dropped when he didn’t say it back, but his offer to come see me overrode that completely.

“I am. Influenza,” I grimaced, coughing for emphasis more than a hint. “Please come, I miss you and you fly to Vancouver tonight”

“I will. I gotta tidy my room first and do the kitchen for my mom but after that I’ll be right over,”

I grinned. “Thank you Oliver. I love you”

“Bye,” And without another word, or more importantly, an I love you, he hung up. But I didn’t care, he was coming over and despite the influenza, I was happy.

-----------

“Vi, I brought you some cocoa,” My busy mom came into my room for once, taking a few minutes out of her busy studying schedule to wait on her sick daughter.

I was crying. It had been 6 hours since I called Oliver and he still hadn’t turned up, let alone called or texted. Aching and in bed, I couldn’t do a thing about it.

Setting my cocoa down on my bedside table, my mom knelt by my bed. “Is everything okay? I mean, besides you being sick?”

I nodded. “Yeah, My eyes just won’t stop streaming that’s all,” Which was code for, I can’t stop crying over my boyfriend who stood me up on Valentine’s day, so leave me along to cry into my cocoa.

“Okay honey, well if you need anything just shout,” Which was code for. I know you can’t shout, I just don’t want to be disturbed because I care more about my Cardiology course than my own flesh and blood.

With that she walked out of my room, just as the doorbell rang downstairs. I sat bolt upright, a burst of adrenaline shooting through my limp body. I listened hard through the walls as my heart began to pound so loud I could hear it in my ears. Oliver?

“Hey babes!” My face fell when Sydney’s blonde curly head peered from behind the door. I smiled nevertheless.

“Hey,” I croaked.

“Great day for Owen's today, huh?” Sydney asked, refering to the pouring rain outside and coming over to my bed to hug me.

“Tell me about it,” I rolled my eyes, I was glad Sydney was taking all this in her stride. She hated it when it rained and she got her hair wet. But I was glad she took the effort to come see me to wallow in the blues with me some more.

“So where’s Oliver?” She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed as I reached for my cocoa.

“I was hoping you would know the answer to that question.” I sighed.

“Has that bastard stood you up? Today?” Sydney gasped in disbelief, she was more shocked than I was.

“Yeah,” I choked back tears. “And he sets off for Vancouver in an hour,”

“How long for?”

“A week,”

“Douche bag,” Sydney scoffed. “When he gets back honey, you give him a good talking to. Well, more than that. Kick his ass baby you don’t deserve this.” She reached over and stroked my shoulder affectionately as I blinked back my tears.

“I just don’t understand what’s going on, Sydney.”
♠ ♠ ♠
S'only a shortie, but the I couldn't go into the next section of the story because then it'd end up being epically long and I'd end up giving up and it'd just be a mess. I want it to be like this basically :)

Comments, from any of the other 9 subscribers that never comment to tell me what they think?
xx

EDIT: Just realised, again that I've fucked up the dates. I am such a twit, but it's been fixed. So I've changed it back to March, therefore it can't be Valentine's day! I must have screwed all this up when I planned it so I'm so sorry for the people who have already read this chapter.
xxx