The Disappearance Of The Shadow

The Exit (Reprise)

Disguised as a citizen her identity was hidden

Anhura put back on her clothing that was ripped and frayed from when she was Doctor Dumaya’s slave. Her once beautiful shawl was wrapped over her long hair, showing parts of her hair through the holes. She removed the shoes from her feet to look more like a citizen. She looked at herself in the full-length mirror, hardly recognizing herself. It was perfect.

She had previously tied her bed sheets together. It wasn’t long enough to scale down the castle wall, but it was her only option. She through it down the open window, tying on end to the post of her bed and began her climb down the wall.

She took a deep breath

She reached the end of her bed sheets and was dangling. It was twenty feet to the bottom. She could either go straight down or attempt to land in the lake. She had to be cautious of how visible she was. She was hanging outside of the front of the dining hall window that stretched down the rest of the way she had to go. Anhura began to kick her feet as her body swung back and forth. She climbed a bit farther up her rope so that the maids cleaning up from dinner did not see her. When she thought she was ready, she flung herself off the rope, stretching her arms out like a bird and trusting that she would land in the water. Her body dove in gracefully into the water, soaking her head to toe. She stayed underwater for a bit just in case anybody heard her. She poked her head out of the water, spitting the water out of her mouth. She brought her head back down when she heard some of the guards looking around the lake now. She came back up from the water a minute later after they disappeared, breathing heavily. She climbed out of the lake and took of her headpiece, ringing out all the excess water before wrapping it around her head again. She managed to make her way over the wall that separated her from the rest of the Dark.

She was finally gone

With her clothing now also wet, she looked more like a citizen than ever. She walked down the streets, trying to find warmth in her body. She had learned that the darker it was, the more citizens were on the street. The sidewalks were crowded with people and were hard to maneuver through. With every person she bumped into, another dirty look was thrown at her. But that wasn’t going to stop her; she was still going to keep walking. It felt like days had passed when she finally reach her destination.

The Temple of the Oracle.

She walked inside hesitantly; every bone in her body. She grabbed one of the torches on the side of the wall and continued to walk to the front, the torch lighting her way through the darkness. The marble statue of the Oracle sat high above her as she fell to her knees, letting her headdress fall down with her. “Oh Oracle,” she began to cry. “Please, please, please tell me there’s some other option instead of marrying Pallis. Please, I beg of you, tell me of another way!”

The temple began to shake violently. Anhura screamed and constricted her body into a tight ball. She breathed heavily as the shake died down. That didn’t make her move from her position though. “Princess Anhura,” a booming voice spoke out. She peeked up from her knees and saw the Oracle floating in front of her.

“The Oracle,” she whispered as she bowed before him.

“Get up my child,” he commanded. She did as she was told. “You beg for a way out of this marriage when you clearly do not see your other option.”

“My other option?”

“Your personal prophecy.”

“I have a personal prophecy?”

“Yes, everyone does. Some don’t find it and others do.”

“But what does my personal prophecy state?”

“That is for you to find out,” he began to float back up before disappearing in thin air. Anhura sat back down on the cold ground and thought. She smiled in success for she knew now what she must do.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took forever to put out