The Disappearance Of The Shadow

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

"Princess, we are ready for you when you are."

The whole rest of the day was a hetic struggle. Anhura had been rushed from room to room, from being bathed to having her dress altered to fit her small body. She had not spoken a word since earlier that morning when she returned to the castle. Everything has been up in the air for her and all she was able to do was stand still and soak it all in. She was being we'd to the murderer of her one true love. The selffishness that was still in his heart had taken over his whole body and craved for more. That is how this whole situation was led down to this very night in which she would be permenately bonded to this monster. There was no escape now, that is, unless she was able to fulfill the rest of her prophecy without any difficulty what-so-ever.

"Thank you," she responded, barely above a whisper. one of the maids handed her a boque of dead roses, black as the paint that caressed the sky out her glass window. She was given another minute to take a final look at herself as they fixed her veil flowing from the back of her head. She had always thought her wedding day would be a happy day, with her dad by her side to give her away to Adakias, but now that story has changed. "I am ready."

They guided her down many flights of stairs until they had hit another pair of fairly large doors. They were decorated for the occasion with dark ribbons and gray cloth streaming across the doors and hanging off from the sides. She stood on the red carpet as her arm was looped with a familiar arm. Anhura looked up and saw King Malka smiling down upon her. "Father," she shrieked, jumping into his arms and hugging him tightly.

"Hello daughter," he squeezed back. He pulled away so that he could look at her. "You look beautiful."

Anhura began to cry, her whole body shaking. The King pulled her into another tight hug and stroaked her head. "Oh Father," she wepted. "I never thought that my wedding day would be so upsetting!"

"You are doing the right thing though," he instructed her. "The kingdoms will finally be reunited all thanks to you."

She nodded, linking arms with him again and nodding to the guard to open the doors. As the doors opened, she took in all the dark ribbons and black roses that were all over the giant room. Many chairs filled the area and each and everyone of them were filled. Glass laterns hung from the ceiling, giving off the only dim light source there was in the entire room. The out-of-tune organ began to play as they walked slowly down the red carpet. She recognized some of the people from the kingdom who were here to witness her marraige like everyone else. All the way to the front was Pallis, wearing his white suit, cleaned and shined along with his evil grin. She swallowed the lump of nervousness in her throat and held her head high as they finished their decent down the aisle. Her Father lifted the veil over her head before kissing her on the cheek and stood in front of his seat. Pallis eagerly took get hand as they both faced the alter.

"Dearly beloved," the minister began as the organ grew quiet. "We are gathered here today to bond these two in Holy Matrimony. Prince Pallis of the Darkness and Princess Anhura of the Light. Together, they will break down the wall and reunite our kigndoms once more."

"The big day," Pallis whispered in her ear excitedly. She looked the other way to ignore him. "Hey," he whispered loudly, knudging her in the side. "I don't want you to be grouchy when you say I do so perk up now!"

She looked over at him and gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Now the Prince and Princess will recite their vows to one another. Pallis, you will go first."

He turned to her with a soft smile. "My dear Princess," he began. "I wish no more than to be loving and faithful to you for the rest of your years. I hope to one day be worthy enough to call you my own and be able to produce beautiful offspring that will rule the kingdom as well as you do. My sweet Anhura, I love you dearly."

The congregation awed as Anhura wanted to throw up. "Princess, it is now your turn."

She cleared her throat before speaking. "Pallis," she struggled to continue you. "I promise to be a caring and loyal wife to you. I will equally watch over the kingdom with you as well as take care of our children."

"And," he hinted silently.

"And...I love you," she gave in, bowing her head and asking Adakias for forgiveness quietly while the congregation awed again.

"And now it is time for their pledges to each other." The minister turned to the Prince's direction. "Pallis, do you take Anhura, to be your wedded wife? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do you part and pledge your faithfulness to her?"

"I do," he said proudly.

"And do you Anhura take Pallis to be your wedded husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death do you part and pledge your faithfulness to him?"

She looked up at Pallid who was quickly become impatient for her answer. She knew what she must do in order to come closer to her phrophecy.

"I do," she whispered.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Pallis turned her quickly and planted his lips onto hers. Everybody behind them began to cheer with excitement. Anhura knew that aha had done the right thing, for soon it will be her turn to be in control instead of Pallis