Accidentally in Love

Una Vita

Dude, what’cha doing? I texted to my closest guy friend, Shaun. It has been a long time ever since he had texted back. Well, we were talking to each other until midnight last night, but still…
I leaned back on my bed and stared at my dark blue ceiling with the glow-in-the-dark stars I’ve stuck there back when I just got my house. I’m in college now and it has been a long time ever since we’ve seen each other. I’m 22 years old now, in college learning International Studies and Shaun is 23, Senior Vice President of his dad’s company. I think I should introduce myself. My name is Jeslyn Leila Young Nall, call me Jeslyn. I’m Chinese-American and grew up in Los Angeles with my parents as I am an only child, next door neighbors with Shaun Queen.
I closed my eyes and waited for the loud guitar solo that Shaun has recorded himself playing. I heard it and I picked up my phone.
I’m in a really boring meeting, and I think I’m gonna fall asleep! I laughed loudly and texted LOL back to him. I put my phone inside my pocket and walked outside my small house. I got this house when I was 20, a gift from my parents and Shaun. I was wearing this and it helped me cool down from the heat. It was 3 in the afternoon, and the humid wind in California wasn’t helping at all.
It’s nearly summer and Shaun and I are going to Bangkok, Thailand a month from now. We’ve been really good friends ever since we were in Grade 8. I miss him a lot because he has been working day and night for the past year, and we haven’t seen each other in two months due to his work. I sat down on my porch chair and heard his ring tone. What ‘LOL’? You should be sorry for me! Also, can you come over to my house in 10? I read his text message and I texted him back, of course. Yeah, sure, which house and what should I wear? I sent it and went inside my house to get some clothes.
My phone rang again and I read his text message. The family house and wear casual clothes, like what you wear when you come to my house regularly. I read the text message and changed into this. I put on lip gloss, got into my car and drove off to Shaun’s house.
{Shaun’s family house}
I opened the door of Shaun’s huge family mansion. His parents, orphaned cousin and younger brother all live here. I’ve come to this house enough times to know every nook and cranny and also know everyone. A middle-aged woman passed by me, with her arms full of flowers.
“Rita, let me help you with that.” I hurriedly went over to her and took the vase out of her arms.
“No, no, Miss Nall, I can’t let you do this. It’s my work. Please.” Rita said. I nodded and gave her back the vase carefully.

I went to the kitchen and got bombarded by a hug from Shaun’s brother, Samuel, who’s 19 years old.

“Jeslyn!” he hugged me tighter until his mom tapped his shoulder.
“Sam, I told you not to choke her!” she scolded him. I set my bag on the kitchen island and sat down on a bar chair, munching on some open chips by the corner.
“Sorry, mom. I’m gonna be changing now!” he called to us and ran out of the kitchen.
“Hi, Mrs. Queen.” I slid down the chair and gave my second mother a hug.
“Jeslyn, I haven’t seen you in so long!” she let go of the hug and twirled me around.
“Mom, don’t make my lady dizzy. We still have to walk down the red carpet later.” Shaun came in and smiled. I raised an eyebrow at him, then looked at Mrs. Queen, but she turned away.
“Red carpet? Is there something I’m missing here?” I looked at Shaun. He smiled, took my hand, and brought me up to their guest room.
“Sit.” He commanded as he pointed to a chair. I obeyed him and watched as he went into his closet and went out again, holding a box.
“What is that?” I pointed to the box he’s opening. He grinned at me and held this up for me. My eyes became wider and my jaw fell.
“I am NOT gonna wear that!” I pouted at him. He knows how much I hate wearing dresses.
“Aw, c’mon Jes, it won’t hurt you! Please, just this once.” He pushed. I rolled my eyes and took the box from him.
“I knew you wouldn’t come if I told you there’s a party and I’m gonna be your escort!” he grinned wider.
“I’m gonna wear my Converse.” I narrowed my eyes into slits.
“Perfect.” He smirked, then left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope You Enjoyed It! Check Out My Other Stories!!! =) Just Click That Link at The Top That Says-- BlackKeys;
(= Thanks