Tooth and Claw

Bark at the Moon.

"Bob, get me inside!" I yelled, my hands flailing worriedly. It was getting dark and it was close to The Time. I could feel the hairs on my neck rise and I kicked the ground frustratedly. Bob had chained one of my legs to a tree, why he did that, especially so near my Time was beyond me. I needed to be protected from the Moon and its vicious, sickly light. It was Bob who got me like this. He was the one who accidentally cursed me. It was a dull summer day he bought the stupid curse book and cast a spell over me. However hard he looked, there was no reversal. Now, every full moon, I stay out the moonlight, drinking potions of rosemary and yew tree sap. It makes the symptoms less serious. Bob said that it made my werewolf gene he created sleepy, in a way, therefore stopping the process going to its full extent. But now he had a strange glint in his eye, not even taking time to make excuses to avoid questions but ignoring them completely. He was dressed strangely too, in a pair of cargo pants and a white vest. He had nicked Gerard's eyeliner and had scrawled strange symbols and words on his arms and chest. On his forehead, he had written 'SUIRIS' in biro. He looked as if he had lost his mind and was about to go through a stupid initiation ceremony to a stupid fraternity.

I suppose if he looked strange, I must have looked just outright freaky. I look weird as it is with my afro but being chained to a tree with a red tie tied into a bow around my wrist and his stupid biro scribble of 'SUIRIS' across my bare chest must have made me look a bit more of a fruitcake than usual.

"What the hell are you doing?! I screamed as the place got darker. I could feel the moon coming so close to the horizon, it burned my back and made my toes curl. Bob walked over to me, his eyes glittering mysteriously.

"I'm fixing us. If I can't cure you, then I can contaminate me." he said passionately. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"But...but...what about the guys?" I stuttered.

"They'll have to accept us. I doubt the fans will notice. Not many fans actually notice us." Bob's voice tensed up depressingly. "Oh well, later for them, huh. As long as I got you and you got me..."

"So, reach for the stars!" I sang. Bob raised an eyebrow at me. "Sorry, there was an S Club 7 marathon on TV last night." Bob shook his head sorrowfully.

"Way to ruin the tender moment. Oh well, a funny man is better than a love-sick one, anyday." he said, grinning. "Although...Ray?"

"Yeah?"

"Stop watching S Club 7 marathons. You're getting as bad as Frank and Britney Spears." he laughed.

"Hey! I only watched one! Don't compare me to that weirdo." I said. I suddenly took a deep sniff, the smell of pine sap was as fresh as ever and the Moon started to peep its white, sullen head over the horizon. I started screaming as the every single hair on my body started to violently grow, like someone was trying to pull out each hair with a pair of tweezers. My bones creaked and cracked as my spine morphed into a new shape. I felt my nose become wetter of its own accord and my nails yank themselves into talons. Saliva started forming and foaming in my mouth, drowning my humanity in it. My jaw snapped suddenly and I let out a screech of agony. Teeth spouted through my gums, painting my drool a dark yellow and began to fit my face into a more canine expression. My ears burned as they grew elfin and piercingly accurate. I howled at the moon, my cold mistress and life-saver. I was transformed and so tired, so hungry.

"Ray..." said Bob's soft voice. I turned my shaggy head to see him proffering his arm. "Bite me." I sniffed it, his flesh smelling sweet, so achingly fresh. I slid my teeth over his arm and bit down. I quickly let go as Bob kicked me so free him arm. Blood was trickling down his arm, forming black tattoos in the darkness. He picked up the spell book with his clean hand and opened at a page.

"Sirius, Lupid, Luna, Leviticus, Viridis Diei." he gravely said. His eyes began to shine with a supernatural light as he bent over in pain. I cowered behind the tree, scared by the blinding light. I could barely see from there but I watched him writhe and the bite marks disappear under thick, blonde hair. He kept screaming and it turned into howling as I saw his lupine face look up for the first time.

He staggered over to me and his wet, canine nose brushed against mine. He grappled with my chains and set me free. We started running and dancing like crazy under the influence of the silver moonbeams that turned us into monsters.

We are the same, now and forever.