Status: 36/51 chapters!

Music Girl

Meet Sam

If you’re reading this, I hope society has changed for the better. I hope someone has made Regalism illegal.

I should tell you who I am. My name is Samantha Thyroid. Or Sam. I like Sam better. Anyways, I’m sixteen and starting my Sophomore year in high school. My parents are recently divorced and since this is a male society, I live with my dad and older brother. I’m moving back to my hometown of Denver, Colorado over the summer, where I’ll start at Regal High in fall. I’m hoping to see my best friend Cynthia here, who’s been my friend since pre-school.

The reason why I’m moving back here is because I got kicked out of my last mid school for protesting and breaking the rules. Plus, my father’s business is in Denver, and he just beat my mom in court, so I have to move back. Also, he thought bringing me back to Denver would calm me down, break my rebellious streak, and turn me into just another slut. See, a woman in this society is measured not by her thinking ability, but how many men she’s slept with and how good she is at it. So you can guess, women are usually expected to wear tight cloths, mini-skirts, and high-heels.

But that isn’t me. I’m more of a “Goth” type, but there’s hardly any of us left. You could say that Goths have been hunted almost to extinction.

And I have a secret. I’m a musician. I play electric guitar, which I bought with a stolen credit card and fake I.D. I taught myself, write my own songs, and I want to become a rock star. I want to be the girl who changes the world.

-

Aravic Mines sat in his home room class, surrounded by his friends. There was Jared Malonie, a very smart kid. And Kevin McCurry, he was a big jock. Then there was Tomas Thyroid, who had almost 0 talent, but his dad was rich. Tomas had been held back a year, so he was the oldest and the leader of the group. Rumor was his disruptive little sister was transferring into Regal High’s Sophomore class. ‘Good, I like them a little feisty,’ Aravic thought, smirking and tilting back in his chair.

Aravic was the kind of guy who could get any girl he wanted and never took no for an answer. He never actually loved any of the girls he fucked, because love had no place in this society. People got married, had kids, and died. At least, that’s how Aravic and most people thought. So you can imagine Aravic’s surprise when he saw the new girl.

She followed Mr. Boarding into the room and stood at the front. Mr. Boarding was known as the guy that was almost deaf, and he yelled, “This is our new classmate, Samantha Thyroid!”

Aravic’s first thought was she was lucky Regal had not dress code. She wore ripped black jeans and combat boots. Her black shirt read “Green Day.” Her black jacket had yellow stripes down the arms and looked very worn. She had an eyebrow piercing and several ones on her ears, and her wild pixie-cut black hair had neon red streaks in it. To top it off, she had black eyeliner on and was carrying a bag full of books.

The second thing Aravic thought was that she was lucky Mr. Boarding was almost deaf, because she announced in a clear, cold voice, “My name is Sam, and if anyone calls me Samantha, I’ll rearrange your face.” Then she strode to the back of class, sitting in an empty desk in the corner.

It was Cynthia White who broke the silence. She was a cute, short girl, with a small nose, big brown eyes and curly blonde hair that she usually wore in high twin pigtails. “Sam? Is that you?” Cynthia approached Goth Girl, and Goth Girl smiled.

“Cynthia White,” Sam said in a somewhat warm voice. Cynthia took the seat across from Sam, and the two friends began to reconnect.

Now that she was closer, Aravic could get a better look at Sam. Her gray messenger bag had a symbol of DA on it, with “Dumbledore’s Army” written on it. Sam herself had long legs, a good sized chest, and splashes of freckles on her cheeks. Her eyes were thunder cloud gray with flecks of electric blue. Just looking at her made him lustful, and his mouth opened slightly. But he was brought back to himself when Tomas started talking.

“And that gentlemen, is my little sister,” he said, smirking.

“Has she been taken yet?” Kevin asked excitedly.

“Nope. Hasn’t even been kissed as far as I know,” Tomas replied.

“I get her,” Aravic said suddenly, startling everyone around him.

“No fair, you so can’t claim her!” Jared whined.

“Yes I can. You got Tanya and Kevin got Megan. And Tomas can’t have her; it’s against the law,” Aravic said definitively.

“What about Antonio?” Kevin asked pointedly. Aravic hesitated.

“I’ll – I’ll ask him tonight at the meeting,” he said finally.

Finally, the bell rang, and homeroom was dismissed. Cynthia and Sam walked side by side down the hallway. People skirted around them. Sam parted the crowd like she was infected with the plague. Aravic couldn’t wait to get his hands on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
um, yeah, kinda weird first chapter, but yeah.....that's how it starts, get over it XP
comments are much loved!!!!