Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day Two

Four hours later at 7:00am, Saige got up and started getting ready for school. She hadn’t managed to fall back to sleep after her dream, it was far more disturbing than the others she had had. As Saige brushed through her tangled hair, she looked in the bathroom mirror, two giant bags sat underneath her eyes, yet she didn’t feel the slightest bit tired. After five more minutes of copious hair brushing, Saige went down for breakfast.

When she got downstairs there was no one there. She went to the cupboard and searched out a cereal. Seeing the fruit loops there she carefully avoided them and went for the fruity bix instead.
Grabbing the milk out of the fridge, Sagie sat down at the empty kitchen table.

“You’re up early,” a male voice startled her as she began pouring the milk. Splashing the milk down her front, Saige was grateful that she hadn’t changed into her uniform yet.

Mumbling something indistinct, she walked over to the sink and wet a bit of paper towel.

A chuckle was heard from the door, “Oops, sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“You didn’t scare me,” Saige defended, stomping back to her chair and resuming her milk pouring.

Another chuckle, “Sure I didn’t,” Jansen walked over to the table and pulled out a chair, dragging the legs across the wooded floor and making a slightly irritating noise, “What, no fruit loops today?” He asked, sitting down.

“Huh?” Saige asked, looking up, “Uh, no… I had a…”

“What?”

“Nothing, it was nothing,” the last thing Saige wanted, was to look like a coward in front of Jensen, she really looked up to him.

“Hmm, if you’re sure Saige,” Jensen stood up and walked away. After a few seconds the familiar creak of the stairs was heard and Saige knew that her brother was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I know not much happens in this chapter, but it gets better.
Thanks for reading
xx Emma