Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day Two: School

When Saige left the house for school, her parents still weren’t up and she hadn’t seen Jensen again, of course this was normal for Wednesdays. As she followed a trail of ants, lining the edge if the sidewalk, Saige heard the familiar roar of Jensen’s car, and looked up just in time to see it speed past her. He must have been up in his room the whole time.

.~.

The rest of the day was completely average, Saige, didn’t fall asleep in the classroom, so she didn’t have any more disturbing dreams. Jasey Rae managed to keep her mind off things, blabbing about a boy that she had seen in the supermarket the other day. Of course all of this didn’t make the day go any faster, the day lagged on and by the end of lunchtime, Saige felt as if a million years had passed.

“What’s the time?” Saige asked.

Jasey Rae sighed, “For the tenth time, Saige, it’s three o’clock!” Jasey Rae said in an annoyed whisper.

They were in the library, studying for a school project and couldn’t raise their voices above as mere whisper.

“What’s with you Saige? You’re acting really… weird.”

Just as Saige opened her mouth to answer, the bell sounded to signal the end of the day. Jumping up and almost knocking Jasey Rae out of her seat, Saige ran to the door. She decided to walk home today even though she knew that if she had asked, Jensen would be more than happy to drive her home.

.~.

Walking through the door, Saige greeted her father, who was currently fixing an old bookcase full of old books. “Where’s mum?” She asked, dropping her bag.

“Oh she’s still at the kindergarten, taking care of a few things,” her father answered.

“Huh,” was all Saige said.

It was late when Saige’s mother got home and after a quick microwave dinner it was time for bed.