Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day Three: Seeing is Believing

Saige managed to get a few more hours sleep, even though she didn’t know that she had fallen asleep the first time. In the early morning hours, whilst speaking with her father, Saige discovered that her mother had in fact gone away for work, but what a kindergarten teacher had to go away for, she had no idea.

.~.

Coming to school, Saige had and unsettling feeling in her stomach, a feeling she knew had been caused by last night’s previous dream. Her class had a library computer session first period, for Humanities. It was to study for another project that she didn’t even remember getting; it felt as if she had so many projects this year.

“Are you alright Saige?” Jasey Rae asked. They had been researching for quite some time and Saige hadn’t said a single word.

“Huh?” Saige averted her gaze from the book she was reading, to her very concerned best friend, “Yeah, Jasey, I’m fine. Just had a weird dream last night, I’m still thinking about it.”

“Oh,” Jasey Rae nodded thoughtfully and grabbed another book from the centre of the table, flicking it open to the index page, “if you say so.”

“Saige? Saigey, come on. You’ll never save her that way.”

Saige’s head snapped up. The library was gone, the students were gone, and Jasey Rae was gone. It was just her and the mysterious dark figure alone in the darkened corridor.

“Come on Saige,” it taunted her, “Where’s your mother now?”

Saige span around, she could see the light shining into the hallway through the open door, the bathroom door.

“Mother?” Full speed she ran towards the door, bursting in with as much force as she could muster. As she ran, her foot got caught on the door rug and she went flying, landing painfully on her knees. Now, breathing heavily, she crawled towards the toilet, too scared to even notice the stinging pain coming from her hands and knees. Looking in, she saw the blood, so much blood. It was all over the seat and inside the toilet bowl. Blood. Saige let out a sigh as she realised that there was no head to go along with the mess. But then the fear came rushing back, if the head wasn’t in the toilet, then where was it?

There was a chuckle from behind her and Saige span around to see the dark and mysterious figure standing in the doorway.

“You’ll never escape me! She didn’t and neither will you.”

“What did you do with her?” Saige screamed, and then letting out a chocked sob, she said,
“Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you? Who are you?” The questions came out in gasps and sobs. What was going on? Where was her mother? She just had to find out.

“Oh, Saige, you know me. Don’t you remember your old pal, Jensen?”
Saige let out a terrified gasp as the figure lowered its hood to reveal the face of her brother,

“Jensen?”

“Yes, it is me, Saige…Saige…Saige…”

“Saige, Saige. Saige, wake up!”

“What?” Saige’s eyes flew open and she saw the comforting lights of the library.

“You brothers not here, silly,” Jasey Rae giggled, but stopped when she saw the look on Saige’s face, pure terror. “Saige? What’s the matter?”

“I know who he is,” Saige said, jumping up.

“Who, who is?” Jasey Rae shouted as Saige ran out the door, bit she was already too far away to answer.

Saige didn’t go to her locker, or to the office, she just ran. Ran all the way home.