Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day Three: Life's Unfair and so are our Dreams.

“Jensen?” Saige shouted, bursting through the front door of her house.

A disoriented Benjamin waddled out of the living room, “Saige? What are you doing home so early?”

Saige ran to her father, “Jensen? Where’s Jensen?” She cried, standing up on her tippy toes to shake her father by the shoulders.

“Umm… at school. Just like you should be,” her father crossed his arms.

She sighed, “Good. He’s not here then?”

Benjamin shook his head and Saige lead him back into the living room.

“Dad… is there anything I should know about Jensen?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” her father grumbled.

“Dad?” She pushed.
He let out a groan and wiped his forehead, just like he did whenever he was thrown into stressful situations. “You know, don’t you?”

“Know what?” Saige asked.

“About Jensen’s adoption?” Benjamin Boccaccio sighed.

“Adoption?” Saige’s eyes widened.

He groaned, “So you didn’t know then?”

Saige shook her head.

“Well, after your mother and I got married,” he started, “we desperately wanted a child. We tried and tried but nothing worked. So one day, we decided… to adopt.”

At these words the remaining blood in Saige’s face drained out, “Jensen?”

Her father nodded, “Jensen. We found him in an orphanage, abandoned at birth. His parents- his biological parents, didn’t want him. And LeAnna- your mother immediately fell in love with him.
“We brought him home and he became part of the family. Then a few years later we had you. But we’ve never regretted adopting Jensen. And we never will.” He finished. “What’s all this about Saige? Why do you look so pale?”

“Ah. It’s nothing. I’m just feeling a bit…. queasy,“ Saige said; it wasn’t a lie.

“Oh okay, you just get some rest. I’ll call up the school and tell them you came home sick,” Benjamin said.

“Okay dad,” Saige agreed getting up and heading over to the stairs.

As Saige climbed the creaky stairs up to the second floor of the house she thought about Jensen. So Jensen was adopted, he’s not my real brother. Could this be the reason for what’s happening? Perhaps my dreams were trying to tell me something. Saige shook her head, they’re just dreams, and they’re not real! Why am I so worried about this? Then a thought occurred to her, spinning around, she ran back down the stairs.

Saige caught her father just as he was picking up the phone. “Dad!” she cried.

Stunned he dropped the phone, “Saige? What is it?”

“Dad, does he know?”

“Who?”

“Jensen, dad. Does Jensen know about the adoption?” Saige asked, heart pounding.

“Well, yes. We told him last week.”

Saige’s eyes widened, that was just when her dreams had started
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of Dialogue in this chapter...