Status: Wondering if I should make a sequel

Dreamers Never Wake

Day Four: No Mercy.

That night, Saige went up to bed uneasy, jumping at the smallest of sounds. She didn’t expect to get much sleep. But as she stared out her window, her eyes began to droop and sleep soon over took her.

“Saige?”

Opening her eyes, Saige found herself standing in the exact same darkened hallway. Everything represented her previous dreams, everything except one thing. The usual dark and mysterious figure had now been replaced buy the figure of her brother.

“Did you miss me?” There stood Jensen, skinny jeans and t-shirt, looking as normal as ever. But he wasn’t normal; there was something about him that gave Saige the shivers, an evil glint in his eye; one that she had never seen before. He laughed a cold and evil laugh, full of hatred. Saige missed his old laugh. Happy, teasing and not it anyway hurtful. This was not the Jensen she had grown up knowing. This Jensen was pure evil.

“Jensen!” Saige raised her arms up as if in surrender, “You don’t have to do this!”

“You don’t understand!” He hissed.

“I know about the adoption! Your parents—”

“My parents were fools!” He interrupted, “And so are you!”

“But why? Why us?” Saige cried.

“Oh,” he sneered, “it’s nothing personal. You were just… in the wrong place… at the wrong time.” He moved his arm from behind his back to reveal a sharp butchers knife. Its glint off the moonlight reflected Jensen’s.

Saige’s heart beat rose, she took a step back as she broke into a sweat. This couldn’t be happening.

“What’s wrong, little sister?” Jensen asked, more like mocked, “You scared?”

“No!” Saige whimpered, her voice giving out.

Jensen began to walk forward, holding the knife out in front of him. Saige opened her mouth to scream, but no sound escaped.

“Scream all you like. No one is going to hear you, precious daddy is long gone. It’s just you and me now.”

Closing the gap between them, Jensen raised the knife. Saige felt so vulnerable, all she could do was close her eyes and hope for a miracle. Praying to god that is would be quick, Saige felt the knife plunge deep into her chest…

“Aah!” The scream was so loud and so full of terror that it was sure to wake up the whole street. Saige lay in bed, gasping for breath. It was just a dream, it was just a dream; she continued to tell herself. She jumped out of bed, it was seven o’clock and she had to get out of the house. These dreams, then finding out about Jensen, it was just too much for her. She grabbed her jeans and a clean shirt. She wasn’t going to school today, she just needed to think.

Fifteen minutes later, Saige arrived at her favourite park. The swings had always been her favourite part and it was these that she turned to for comfort. Just swinging calmed her down, it felt like she could do anything. Those dreams were nothing to be afraid of, but still she felt that they would never fully leave her until she had told someone about them.
♠ ♠ ♠
So one more chapter and then the story will be over. Sad, very sad. Although I could write a sequel. Perhaps she could come back as a ghost and haunt Jensen, but maybe that's going a bit too far? Oh well, tell me what you think.
=]