Jonas, Your Lines Are Deceiving

Anger Freak

>> Christian’s Point Of View

“Denver Johnston?!” Rayna exclaimed as her hands shot up in the air. I nodded like it was no big deal because it wasn’t. “You’re kidding, Chris?”

“Nope. Denver’s like the perfect guy.” I honestly told her. She walked around with her head shaking and her arms tightly folded against her chest.

“Denver the perfect guy? Chris, he’s slept with every girl at Morrace High and most the girls here!”

“So what if he has? He’s changed Ray, you just don’t like him.” I shot at her.

“Damn straight I don’t like him,” Rayna breathed out deeply and brought back her normal tone. “Chris, he isn’t the right guy for you.”

“Then who is?” I stepped right in front of her demanding who was the right guy for me. As Rayna parted her lips to talk, a knock at the door came apparent to us. I walked and unlocked the door there to appear Denver with a cut above his right eye that was oozing blood and also his eye purple. His lip was swollen.

I gasped, “What happened to you?”

“That fucking Jonas,” Denver muttered.

“Nick?”

“Yeah, that dude has major issues. I was just being friendly and whatnot and I get fucking attacked for no reason!” He touched his forehead and looked at his blood stained fingers. Denver is a better built guy so...

“Didn’t you fight him back?” I asked, retrieving ice from the freezer.

“I tried, but Jonas is just too quick. I’m talking like lightning speed! It was crazy, babe.” I handed the ice pack to him.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Rayna smiling to herself and suppressing a laugh. I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Don’t you have a date with your boyfriend?” I asked harshly.

“First off, Joe’s not my boyfriend and second, we’re just going to get some ice cream.” Rayna retorted with the same glare. I waved my hand as in a ‘whatever’ response. “Call me when you’ve gotten some sense kicked in you.”

“What was that all about?” Denver asked when he heard the front door slam shut. I shook my head. “Tell me.”

“It’s nothing D, just girl drama. Boring stuff to you guys.” I kissed his cheek and examined his cuts. “Jeez, Nick can throw a good punch.”

Denver winced as I touched the deep cut above his forehead. It made me angry that Nick attacked Denver for absolutely no reason at all. Not only had that but the other day Nick totally shoved past us in the hall when I said hello in the nicest way I could. He has this look in his eyes that he is out for murder.

“Yeah and he said that he actually wants to fight me, ha, can you believe it?” Denver informed me. I raised an eyebrow. “Tomorrow at the skate park or something, I don’t know. But what I do know is that Jonas is fucked up in the head, he told me to stay away from you. Never seen him like this before.”

“Me neither.” I replied. “D, I’ll drive you home. I’ve got to go pick some stuff up for my mom.”

“I’ll come with you.” Denver hopped off the stool.

“No, it’s okay. I’ve got to go to Jaymie’s too.”

“Lemme guess, more girl stuff?” He chuckled. I nodded and pressed my lips to his. “Fine.”

I drove Denver home and promised to call him later, like I always do.

But instead of going to “pick up stuff” for my mom, I drove to the Jonas household to talk to Nick. I needed to know what was going through those thick dark curls of his.

>> Nick’s Point Of View [Earlier in the day]

I stomped across the soccer field. I was determined to teach Denver a little lesson today about stealing my destiny. I mean, technically it was my fault that I didn’t tell Christian when I had the chance and believe me I had so many fucking chances but I didn’t do shit.

I tapped on Denver’s shoulder.

“Oh, hey Jonas!” Denver turned on his heel with a smile on his face.

My fist was balled up tight and I swung right at him. Denver stumbled backwards but his ‘boys’ backup him up.

“Dude, what the hell?” He asked, touching his lip that was leaking blood.
“Stay away from Christian!” I shouted at him and took another swing and hit him had just above his right eye.

Denver smirked, “And what if I don’t?” He took his chance and swung twice at me. But since I’m just too quick for him I dodged both hooks.

I fired one straight into his eye. He wobbled backwards onto the ground with a hard thud.

“If you don’t then you’ll just have to pay the consequences.” I shook my hand pretending that it hurt. “Tomorrow, four o’clock skate park. Be there.”

I turned on my heel and walked out to the parking lot. I slid into my mustang and sped out of the lot onto the main road. I tried easing my intense feelings but what I really needed to do was just be at home.

I slammed my car door shut but cautious not to break it. I jogged up the front door steps and inside my quiet home. Everyone must be out, I assume.

I shut my bedroom door and threw my jacket onto my bed. I turned on my stereo which blasted the sound of Muse pounding through my speakers. I marched up to my hanging punching bag and started to through light punches at it. Joe thought it would be funny to get me one for my birthday two years ago because of my ‘anger management’ problem. Turned out is actually helps me a lot.

My throw started to get harder as the thought of Christian and Denver being together. It literally made my stomach sick and even more anger built up in me. Eventually I punched a hole through the bag but it didn’t matter to me.

Next thing I knew the music was cut.

“What the—Christian?” I spun around. “How did you get in here?”

“You left the front door unlocked.” She rolled her eyes and walked around my room. I already knew why she was here but let’s just see what she has to say. I’ll let her kept her privacy.

“So what went down today at the soccer fields?” Christian asked, nonchalantly. “And don’t say nothing because Denver stopped by.”

“I pretty much kicked his ass by only throwing three punches.” I shrugged and laughed a little. It was humours, not gonna lie.

“Yeah I know. Why the hell would you do that, Nick?”

“Because Denver isn’t the right guy for you.” I replied.

“Ugh, why doesn’t everyone keep saying that? Rayna told me, Joe called me and Jaymie just shook her head and walked away.” She exclaimed.

“Because it’s true, Chris! Denver’s just going to hurt you.”

“No he isn’t Nick! No he fucking isn’t! You don’t even him!” Christian was exploding. “You had no right to hit him, no right at all! Denver’s done nothing to you, nothing! You’re just a jealous, self centred Jersey boy! No one likes you Nick. No one—“

I drove Christian back up against the wall and fixed my lips to hers. She struggled to break free but obviously I was way too powerful for her to budge. However, I didn’t loosen up on my grip and that’s when Christian gave into the kiss. Her hands were pressed against my cheeks as mine wandered down to her petite waist.

“Yes, I’m a jealous, self centred Jersey boy. But that’s one thing you know about me. The second is I love you, the third is that I’m immortal.” I gushed out everything into one tiny sentence.

Christian pushed me away, “You’re what?”

“I’m immortal, my entire family is.”

She shook her head frantically and pushed me even more.

“Chris, you would just let me explain.”

“No. Just stay away from me, Nick. Don’t even talk to me, or think of me. You’re just a freak!” She shouted and bolted out of the house.

I slid down to the ground. I was disappointed in myself. My throat seemed to be getting tight and my eyes were blurred.

I’m a freak, in her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment ?
(:

- jr xxo