Status: Done! DoneDoneDone :D

Falling in Love for the Night

Mall

"Ugh! What's that smell?!"

"Gross! Roll down the windows!"

Jack started to laugh and then Alex and JP.

"JACK!"

"Gross!"

"Sorry, couldn't help myself." He said between laughs. I rolled down the windows right as we pulled into the mall parking lot.

Everyone wanted to go to a different store. Naturally the girls wanted to head to H & M so we dragged the guys along with us. Alex and I lingered at the back of the group. "So are you and Brittney dating again?"

"Let's not talk about her. Kay?" He said as he entwined his fingers with mine.

"Alright. What do you want to talk about then?"

"How about, us?" He said in a hushed tone.

I stumbled a bit when he said "us".

"Whoa, you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. What were you saying?"

"What do you think? Of us?"

"Well, I think... I like it,"

He smiled. "Yeah? you don't think its kinda, weird?"

"Well, its different, but different is good, right?"

"Oh yeah. Different is great. What do you think everyone else will say?"

"Personally, I don't care what they think. But I think it won't be that big of a deal."

"You told Lesley and Jessica already, didn't you?"

"Well..."

He laughed. "That's what I thought."

"I had to tell! Jessica forced it out of me then told Lesley! I couldn't stop it." I said in a weak attempt to defend myself.

"Uh huh. Sure she did."

"She did! Do you want me to call her back here to prove it?"

"nope, that's okay.

"whatever."

"whatever."

"Alright. Have you told Jack or Rian or Zack?"

"Well I didn't say who it was exactly. I just said that I hooked up with someone whose not Brittney."

"Oh."

" 'Oh' what?"

I stopped and looked at him. "Are you, like, ashamed it was me? And not someone else?"

"No. Of course not. I just didn't know if I should go around telling everyone I cheated on my then girlfriend with my best girl-friend."

"But its okay to say that you slept with some random chick?" I didn't know why it was bothering me so much. I didn't want him to think I was clingy. "You know what, never mind. Its not that big of a deal. I don't know why I over reacted like that. I mean, you're not my boyfriend, and I'm not your girlfriend so its no big deal."

He looked so confused that I had to laugh. "Okay, its forgotten."

I started walking again and he followed. "So what were we talking about before I freaked out?"

"Can't remember."

"Oh well." I sped up a little and started walking with the girls again. After shopping around and buying a few things we went to eat in the food court at Panda Express (as planned) Everyone was talking except Alex and I.

"What else are we gonna do tonight?"

"Let's hit the beach." Zack said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

I froze but noticed three different pairs of eyes on my face.

"Maybe Alex's mystery girl is there and after they're done hooking up we can meet her."

"Nah." Alex said.

"I don't wanna go to the beach." Jessica fake complained.

"Its kinda cold out." Lesley added after checking my expression again.

I finally spoke up. "What's wrong with staying here?"

Zack, JP, and Jack all looked at us with confused faces. "What?" I questioned.

"Did I miss something?" I read JP's lips as he whispered into Lesley's ear. She just shook her head. "I'll tell you later." She whispered back. He shrugged then went back to eating.

Dang, he's not affected by anything is he? I thought

"Guys, I'm gonna hit the road. I'll see you later."

"What?"

"You're leaving already?"

"Lame."

"How are you getting home?"

"I'll walk."

"I'll walk with you. Just to be safe." Alex said as he stood up.

I realized what was going on and bit my bottom lip to hold in a squel of excitement. "Okay. Bye guys. See you later. Lesley, Jess see ya at home." I gave a goodbye wave and turned to walk away.

When we got outside the air was cool and crisp. Not nearly as warm as it had been the other night... Before I knew it my back was up against the wall as Alex's mouth was on my own. We were in complete synchronization. For the second time that day I felt his tongue glide across my lower lip. I held his face in my hands while his hands were on either side of me, holding himself up on the wall. Just when it was getting good his phone rang. I groaned. Of course I thought. is this a sign?

His hand went to his pocket, his lips never leaving mine, and then returned to their previous spot. I didn't understand. I pulled away. "Aren't you going to answer that?"

"No. Why would I?"

"What if it was an emergency?"

He heaved a sigh and pulled out his phone then put it back after a glance at the screen. "It was no one. I don't recognize the number."

He was about to start kissing me again when I put my finger over his lips. "Can we go somewhere else?"

He looked caught off guard. "Like?"

"Well, since we're already together we can skip Gino's. So... let's just go straight to my place."

"Seriously?"

"Nah, sarcastically."

"Huh?"

"Yes seriously! Now do you want to go or not?"

He kissed my cheek and started pulling me by my hand, down the street toward my apartment building.