Spark of life

Re-Annimation!

A flow of hushed voices echoed the words: ‘re-animation’ through the group.

“Yes you hear me covect....Vre-animation! Now ze time of 6 o’clock approaches and I must urge you to decide vwhether you will stay here and trust your life to the vwonders of faraday or vwhether you vish to stand outside!”

Half of the group turned their backs and exited the room finding seating outside behind a large glass pane. I turned on my heel to leave when an ever so familiar voice from behind myself called “Carter?! I do hope you weren’t planning on leaving me?!”

“Of course not Sir.....just finding a place to stand” I lied in response.

“You may vant to take a suit in zat case then.....do not vworry, the metal cage vwill protect you!........Remember zis date friends! Ze 6th of June 1892....ze day the vworlds of science and religion vwill change their views!......Listen carefully! To achieve ze correct current in ze body, it must be left to charge for 6 seconds! Please, I vwill signal to you, you must close that svwitch as soon as possible to ground ze body! Understood?!”

A man stood over by the large knife-switch nodded in response.

“I vwill start the machine! Please, it vwill make a lot of noise.....stay calm and out of ze way!”
The man with the moustache made one final check of his pocket watch as he walked over to the large piece of complicated equipment. Striking down on a large switch with his cane, wiping his brow through the cage work he began the coil. The room filled with cracks and humming from the antennae as the coil warmed up.

A large blue spark similar to those I had seen on the train with Sir, jumped to the floor. Fearlessly he reached over as the spark jumped to his arm. Touching it down to the forehead of the recently uncovered body, he began counting....

“EINS! ZWEI! DREI! VIER! FÜNF! SECHS!” He shouted, waving his cane down at the last word, the man by the switch pulled it closed with a large crack of electricity.
♠ ♠ ♠
This won't just end up being a really boring story about science or some description of a ''Frankenstein's monster'' clone <at least I dearly hope so>