Always Being by the Tire Swing

Swing

Andreas leaned back against the tree, watching the young boy swing back and forth on the tire swing, squealing every time he felt that he came high in the air.

An accident was doomed to happen soon, and Andreas knew it very well, but he kept staying leaned back, since Eric had claimed to be a big boy and was able to swing on his own. The boy was like a walking magnet when it came to accidents, something always happened, and Andreas had made it a habit to always carry with band aids and money for ice cream to comfort the five year old with after having hurt himeself.

Sure enough, when Eric looked in direction to Andreas, seeing the man smile towards him, he let go off the swing with one hand and waved big in case Andreas just so had happened to have avoid looking at the boy, the second after he was falling off from the tire swing; landing hard on his back.

“Oh, Eric.” Andreas sighed, already walking close to the boy as Eric started to cry. “Did you get hurt?”

Eric answered with crying even more, wincing something about his clothes being dirty. Smiling Andreas sat down on his heels, scooping up the boy in his arms and slowly started to cradled him back and forth, trying to get the crying to stop.

Pouting Eric looked up on the older boy, his cheeks blank with tears that still was falling, and with mud all over his face and clothes. Andreas knew that the fact that he had got dirty, was the most worst for the boy, he liked having his clothes perfectly clean, something amusing Andreas endlessly.

“Okay, show me were you hurt.” Andreas put down the boy on the ground again, brushing the blond fringe from the blue eyes, being met by the boy’s big round eyes, and a hurt pout. “Or did you just want attention?”

“Hurt here.” Eric pointed on his elbow; turning his body almost all the way around to to show up the slight scar for Andreas, blood being seen from the soft marks. “Kissie better!”

Gushing Andreas leaned down, holding the boy’s arm up for him to press a light kiss against the scratch. The boy let out a soft sniffle as feeling Andreas’ lips against the hurting scar, but his tears had stopped falling by the time Andreas pulled back again, stroking with his fingers down the boy’s cheek.

Even though the boy was unusual loud and talkative – even for a kid his age – and liked to whine every time something didn’t go his way, Andreas liked babysitting the young boy. They would almost always go to the same place, a bit away from the playground, but close enough that people still could see them if something would happen.

Eric made him happy, if he had a bad day he just needed to get a hug from Eric and he couldn’t care less about whatever had gone wrong. The boy was always so bubbly, jumping around and just being full of life, it could make everybody happy – Andreas was happy that he was the one having been chosen to babysit the five year old.

“Better now, Kitten?” Andreas smiled, rubbing lightly with his thump over the skin right above the scratch as searching through his pocket for a band aid.

“Ice cream gonna make it bette'.” Eric pouted again, his blue eyes widening as trying to look as hurt as possible, so Andreas would have mercy with him.

Andreas just chuckled, pulling away the paper surrounding the band aid and placed it over Eric’s elbow, gently attaching it right and pulled away his hand, quickly dusting off the boy’s clothes as much as he could, winning a happy smile from Eric.

“Okay, ice cream it is.” Andreas murmured, holding out his hand for Eric to take as standing up.

Squealing Eric took his hand, allowing the man to lead him to the ice cream stand, the hurt elbow long forgotten. Andreas often wondered what people thought when they saw him with Eric, one of his friends had said that they looked enough alike to go as siblings, or even as father or son. Or maybe people thought he was a pedophile, which kind of freaked him out, a little.

After getting the ice cream – Eric choosing the biggest and promised to eat the whole thing this time, even if he never would keep that promise – they went back to the tire swing, Andreas sitting down on the ground with Eric slumping down in his lap.

Andreas ate his ice cream in silence, only paying half attention to Eric telling him everything about his day – clearly ignoring the fact that he had spent the whole day with Andreas – and just looked at his surrounding.

He remembered when he had been youger, he had his best friend had gone here, swining and laughing, always falling down and hitting themself hard on the ground. Almost as with Eric, only they had never cared about scars and dirt, they had found it funny to go to mommy when looking like a mess.

Smiling for himself he ran his fingers through Eric's hair, having the boy look up at him with big wondering eyes. Though he didn't notice, he just kept playing with Eric's hair, feeling the boy nuzzle against his chest soon after, as thinking back on when he had been little, on all those time he had been sitting on the tire swing, squealing over being so high in the air.

"And'eas?" Eric mumbled muffled against his chest, poking his ribs.

Andreas chuckled low, wrapping his arm around the thin form as making himself ready to stand up. It never went wrong, as soon as Eric didn't thought he got much enough attention, he would start poking the people around him, either he knew them or not, mostly he would be after Andreas, not understanding how the babysitter dared to ignore him.

"What do you say? We gonna go to the tire swing again and let you fly?" Andreas smiled, already standing up as Eric squealed happily.

He didn't care if the boy would end up a spoiled little brat, he liked Eric the way he was now, so easy to make happy, so easy to get to smile, always making his babysitter happy too.

Always being by the tire swing.