Jenifer

Decisions

We decided to ride in little groups. Six divided by two is three, so Annie and Reese rode with me in the Porsche, while Missy and Renée rode in Chris’s Volvo. I wanted to know what Annie thought about all this.

‘’That girl you saw,’’ Annie started off.

I looked at Reese in the mirror, afraid of telling Annie. Her eyes just stared right back at me. A slight head movement.

‘’Reese saw her too,’’ I started.

‘’Really?’’ Annie turned her head.

A nod.

‘’What did she look like?’’

Before I could answer, Reese’s voice spoke up.

‘’Our age, ripped dress and dark brown hair,’’ her sentence was short.

‘’How could you not have seen her?’’ I asked Annie.

‘’I was in the bathroom.’’ She said while I made a left.

‘’Ah.’’

‘’Well?’’ Reese pushed.

‘’I think… It might just be a young woman wanting people to notice her.’’

‘’Why? I mean, she’s dead, right?’’

‘’Yes, but being noticed is a big part of a women’s life.’’ Annie looked outside.

I thought about what she said. Maybe she just wants to be noticed. Maybe there was something she didn’t get to do when she was alive. That was all good explanations. But we just have to go do some research about resent deaths at Jenifer.

‘’Do you think we could go to the library?’’ I asked.

‘’Do you really think the other girls will want to go?’’ Annie asked.

Reese snickered in the back and I smiled.

‘’We’ll go without them, then.’’ I said handing my cell phone to Annie.

She dialed the number and held something sharply in her hand.

‘’Hey guys, Jenifer, Reese and I are going to the library for a couple of minutes. If we’ll meet you at the mall after?’’ I nodded. ‘’Yes. Okay, bye.’’

‘’Let’s go.’’
♠ ♠ ♠
Must study.