It Takes Someone Special to be a Dad

Home Sweet Home

I loved his hugs already. They were always strong and made me feel like nothing could hurt me while we stood together.

“I’ll miss you.” I mumbled and looked down at my feet, feeling the tears in my eyes.

“Hey, I’m always a phone call away.” He replied and pulled my chin up to look at him.

“I know, but it’s not the same.” I added and allowed him to pull me into another hug.

“Gee, how many more hugs have you got to give?” Ray asked behind me. I smiled and pulled away from Gerard.

"Yeah, we don't want to waste all of her hugs!" Frank piped up as he jumped from the bus.

“Jealous Frank?” Gerard asked.

“Hell yeah, Holly’s my buddy.” Frank replied and dragged me into a hug.

I smiled at the five of them as they stood beside their bus and said my goodbyes before turning to my house.

I grinned widely and walked quickly up the path.

I gave one more wave to the band and watched as they entered their bus.

“Holly!” Mom cried as I walked in and she threw her arms around me.

“Hey mom,” I replied through tears.

I was so happy to be home but I knew I was going to miss Gerard and the guys.

“Sweet heart, what’s wrong?” She asked and put her hand to my face gently.

“I’m just happy to be home, mom, I missed everyone.”

“Well, come on through to the kitchen, I have a surprise for you.” Mom told me and led me to the kitchen.

“Holly!” Max squealed as I entered and he threw his arms around me and nuzzled into my neck.

I grinned at Louise over his shoulder and Max squeezed me.

“Max…can’t…breathe…” I gasped and he released me with a smirk.

“I missed you so much.” He told me as I knelt down and drew an excited Sammy into my arms.

“I missed you too…Sammy, no!” I yelled as he licked my face and barked loudly.

“Wish you’d stayed away from all of this madness?” Louise asked and hugged me.

“Hell no, this is way calmer than the bus. Besides, I’m glad to be home, I can’t wait to sleep in my own bed!” I replied and allowed Max to drag me onto his lap.

I leant my head on his shoulder and watched my mom as she pottered about making dinner.

It felt so...right...to sit there and watch as my mom did the things mom's do and to watch Louise and Max arguing. Again.

Oh yeah. I thought.

Home sweet home.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days...I've been busy making the most of this lovely London weather :)
Makes a change for it to be sunny, and now my arms are burnt.
Probably give you guys another update in a little while...