It Takes Someone Special to be a Dad

Answers [although this is a proper chapter]

Gerard’s P.O.V

My heart pounded as I knocked on the bathroom door.

“Holly, are you in there?” I asked. I hoped Isabella would turn up soon, she had promised to be home in 10 minutes when I phoned her in the car.

I heard Frank gasp behind me and I turned to face him. He was pale and looked like he was going to be sick.

“Frank, are you okay?” I asked and tears started to fall down his face.

“Gee, get that door open.” He ordered and I gripped the door handle.

I turned it and the door clicked open slightly.

I could hear Frank sobbing behind me and wondered what he had read. My letter was in my left fist but I had to find out if Holly was okay before opening it.

I pushed open the door and my whole body lurched as my eyes fell over the scene.

Fuck!” I screamed and launched myself into the puddle of blood surrounding Holly’s unconscious body.

My stomach gurgled and I wanted to be sick but the only thing that escaped my body was tears.

I heard Frank cry out behind me and I seized Holly’s hand. It was cold.

Frank, for fuck’s sake, call 911.” I yelled and noticed the empty vodka bottle and pill bottle beside Holly.

The tears fell down my face even faster at that point and I just wanted to die.

“5 minutes Gee.” Frank’s voice echoed around my mind and I pulled Holly into my arms. It was so unfair.

I sobbed as I rocked her limp body and was barely aware of Isabella, Max and Louise arriving shortly before the paramedics forced Holly out of my arms.

I climbed into the ambulance with her and Isabella and didn’t care that I was covered in blood and tears.

My baby was dying.