It Takes Someone Special to be a Dad

Forgiveness

A/N: I know the last few chapters are similar, but I thought you would like to read what Holly had to say before she died...
...This update was a miracle, I hurt my back and wrist falling off a Space Hopper and I hurt my ankle yesterday while jumping on and off rides at Thorpe Park. Still, I managed to update and these two are the last before I post the sequel.


Sarah’s P.O.V

I thought back to how we used to fight. It was stupid that we acted so cold towards each other, when really we should have just brushed our differences to one side and just admitted how much we loved each other.

I really did. It’s just a shame it took her death to make me realise how I just wanted her to notice me while she was alive. That’s why I had been so horrible to her. She was everything I wanted to be.

She had the looks, the personality, her friends and she wasn’t arrogant about any of it either. If she had fallen in with the popular girls, I would have hated her but she was just Holly.

You couldn’t really categorize her because she was so unique. She didn’t care about what anyone thought about her and I really admired her for that.

Yet, as I stared at the opened letter in my fist and watched her coffin being carried to her grave, doubt started to form in my mind over her and I really didn’t like it.

I dragged my teary eyes away from Isabella and Gerard, who were sobbing together. Then scanned over the scene before me;

Max and Louise were following the coffin closely and holding each other as if their lives depended on it.

Gerard’s band mates were all walking slowly towards the grave, deathly pale and shooting concerned looks backwards to Gerard every few seconds.

My mom and I were walking through the snow together, silently crying and desperately hoping for the day to end as soon as possible.

I stopped beside her grave and looked down at the letter.

‘Dear Sophia and Sarah,

I just want you both to know how much I love you.

Sophia, you were like my second mother and I love you with all my heart.

Sarah, I know we didn’t exactly see eye-to-eye much of the time but I still love you.

It’s hard to be an only child, and you understand that very well, so I suppose what we had wasn’t exactly hate, it was our own form of sibling rivalry to compensate for our lack of siblings.

My only regret, for either of you, is that we could never be a happy family.

I really wish those things had never happened to me. Not just because I went through so much pain, but also because I realise how hard it will be for everyone to accept I did what I did [or am about to do].

Just remember me for my good times and not as who I was before I leave.

I’ll love you forever and we’ll meet again in the afterlife.

Love always,
Holly.’


I ripped my gaze from the letter and watched her coffin being lowered into the earth. I turned and gripped onto my mother as I poured my heart out and cried into her shoulder.