Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

The Sickness

Frank's POV

My name is Frank Iero. I am 17. I have Leukemia and I will die. Currently I am at the hospital in a bed feeling like shit after just having completed another round of chemo. I am bald everywhere and look like a skeleton. After I found out I started to push everyone away and even my mom was worried. So now on top of the chemo and daily medication I now have to see a shrink. Her Name is Nancy. A little goth lady who is really easy to talk to. But that is the least of my troubles. I have overdue assignments and school work that I know I am never going to catch up on.
I am tired now so I am going to sleep.

********hours later*********

"Frank? Frank. Honey wake up." My mom is shaking me gently. I open my eyes and she is giving me a sad smile, so I return it.

"We're going home now honey." She continues.

"Oh." It's all I can say. My throat feels like sand paper and my body is like lead.

"Would you like some help getting dressed dear?" My mom asks. I nod my head; yes.

She nods in reply and gets me a shirt and my jeans. She scrunches the shirt up and puts my arms through the holes and then slips it over my head.Next is my jeans. She bends down and puts my feet and legs through the holes and pulls them up to just under my ass, then I lay down and she pulls my jeans up the rest of the way. I fasten the button and the zipper while she puts my socks and shoes on.

"You already to go Frank?" The doctor smiles.

"Yes Dr Mille." I smile tiredly back at her.

"Just remember to get plenty of rest. You can go back to school on wednesday. And I will see you in 2 weeks." She say, before turning and walking back out the door.

"It's Monday hey mom?" I ask.

"Yes dear." she smiles and helps me into a wheelchair.

I watch as she picks up my bag and pulls it onto her shoulder. I can't help the feeling that she is more upset and distraught than she lets on, after all I am her only child and the only one she lives with. I have to let her know that I do love her.

"Ready Frankie?" She asks.

"Mom?" I ask before we start moving.

"Yes?" She asks and moves around so she is kneeling down infront of me.

"I love you mom." I whisper.
I see a tear role down her cheek, so I move foward and wrap my arms around her neck. She, in return, holds me tightly.

"I love you too, my precious Frankie." she states.
We break apart and get moving. Out of the suite, down to the nurses station, sign the paperwork, then to the elevator. hit the Ground Floor button, then once at the entrance it's out to the carpark and into the car and off home.

*****home******
Mom opens the front door, and I manage to haul my tired and heavy body out of the car and up to my bed where mom takes my shoes off, turns my heater on low and tucks me in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cried writting this chapter. i hope you did too.