Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

I remember...

Frank's POV

Waking up after my post-surgery nap was strange. I couldn't remember anything, like my mind had white-outed everything. Strange. I felt a pressure on my bed and turn my head to look. That pressure was someone sleeping. A boy sleeping. Hmm. I buzzed for a nurse and waited a few seconds, before a middle-aged murse bustled into my room.

"Hello Frank, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I can't remember anything." I stated, confusion showing in my voice.

"Oh. Um lemme get your doctor." She replied, before leaving the room.

Avery short time later a female doctor came into my room and stood next to my bed. By this time the boy beside me had awoken and was looking at me quizzically.

"Frank do you know who I am?" The doctor asked.

"No." I replied. Panic was slowly taking over my logical thinking.

"Do you know who you are?" She asked.

"I'm Frank. Frank, uh, um Iero. Yea, I'm Frank Iero." I replied, pleased that I at least know who I am.

"Ok, what year is it?" She asked next. This was like playing twenty bloody questions.

"It's 2009." I replied.

"I think you just have mild temporary amnesia from the anaesthetic. It should pass in a few hours,but we'll keep an eye on it." She concluded, talking to both me and the nurse. She then left, as did the nurse.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying not to sound offensive.

"I'm Gerard. Your boyfriend." He giggled a little bit.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Don't worry You'll be fine later. I'm not offended." He laughed again.

His laugh was infectious, and his smile lit a whole room. I took a look around me and saw two other teenagers in the room with me. I thought that I might as well take a nap and hopefully when I awoke I would remember.

*****2 hours later*****

I awoke and found Gerard sitting with me and smiled at him.

"Hey baby." I stated cheekily.

"Hello sleeping beauty." He replied, before giving me a kiss to the lips.

"Where is mom and dad?" I asked.

"They are, um...discussing things." He stated, sounding cautious.

"Oh. They're arguing again." I sighed. It always affected me as a child, mainly because I was the hot topic of arguments.
I just sat and observed the room for a minute. Nancy was in bed watching Austar on the small t.v in the corner. Michael was no where to be seen.

"Hey Nancy. Where's Michael?" I asked.

"Michael is, uh, um...having surgery." She stuttered.

"Why?" I asked again, worry settling in the pit of my stomach.

"His um...his brain s-swelled. I-I don't think he is um...gonna m-make it." She stuttered once more. I could tell that she was boardering on crying.

"Oh." I whispered. Realisation hitting me like a tonne of bricks once again. He's dying and we are all dying but this just can't be the end for Michael.

Suddenly my mom and dad came into the room. You could cut a knife through the tension that was raidiating from them.

"Hey mom, hey dad." I smiled.

"Hello dear." Mom answered. She hugged me, then dad repeated the process, giving me a hug, then handing me a wrapped present.

"Thanks dad." I said, before opening the gift. I gasped then sqealed in glee.

"Just as I promised." Dad beamed.

"You got me Halo, for my consol. You're the best." I said.

"Your piece of pie is in the fridge dear. Would you like it now?" Mom asked, I could tell she was trying to compete with dad.

"Yes please." I replied, feeling my hunger for the first time since I woke up.

Mom disappeared and dad sat on the chair beside my bed. Suddenly Michael's doctor walked through the door. Still in her scrubs, and looked at me and Nancy with sympathy.

"Nancy, Frank?" She asked. We nodded.

"Um...I'm sorry but...Michael has passed away." She said, then continued.

"We tried resuscitating him, however he failed to regain conciousness, I'm sorry." She finished, then left.

It took a few minutes to sink in but when it did, Nancy and I looked at one another, then started crying. Dad realised that we needed to comfort each other so he helped me over to Nancy's bed and she moved over so I could hop in next to her. We held each other and cried and cried. Dad and Gerard left the room and the tension was immediately broken, however it was replaced with sadness.

We all knew that at some point, we will all die. That was the hand that was delt to us. We were destined to die early. It made me question everything that happened in my short life.I don't want mom and dad to fight. I need to tell them. But first I need to let Nancy know.

"Nancy?" I asked solemnly.

"Y-yea?" She looked at me.

"We need to get out, just for a day, do all that we can.I can't bear to let myself die knowing that I haven't done alot. I want to graduate. Lets get our parents to see if our schools will put on an early prom." I suggested, hoping that she would agree.

Yea, and we can be each other's prom date." She smiled.

"Yea." I whispered, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

We sat for a few more minutes before my parents came back into the room. Nancy's mom came in soon after. I guess the doctors rang her mom. We all chatted as a big group before we told our parents what we wanted to do. They all supported the idea and got up to call our schools. They came back soon after and told us that the prom would be held on the saturday. That gave us four days to prepare.

We still mourned over the loss of Michael, and that was hard on us. Everyone realised that that Nancy and I were on the brink of death as well. It was a known fact the we wouldn't be around for the real prom in November. I was looking foward to our prom. Our schools even dedicated it to us and we were the guest's of honour. The schools also were going to donate all the ticket sales to the cancer research.

As the day turned to night I had yet to tell Gerard that I wouldn't be his prom date. I jut hoped he understood. I hope he goes to the real prom in November.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow I think I out-did myself. who hates me for killing michael?
comment please and let me know. I know you all want little frankie to live.

I can now officially tell you that there WILL be a twist at the end.
who loves me, I know you all do.

loves xoxo
Jess